Adding information to empty fields displayed in Asus PC Pr..

The Asus PC Probe under DMI Explorer has several categories i.e.
System that need to be filled in by OEM. Manufacturer; Product Name;
Version; Serial Number; Chassis is another category that has a number
of fields that need filling in.

This information is missing from any reporting software...
Question? Where and how does one input this information?

Thanks

Nero

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2003

All there in mine apart from chassis info.............
that's not important anyway.
My pc is self built and all the info has always been there.

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 09:49:43 -0000, "Nero" <nero@rome.it> wrote:

>All there in mine apart from chassis info.............
>that's not important anyway.
>My pc is self built and all the info has always been there.

Mine is self built as well.. just like to have the option to add the
OEM stuff. It must be possible somehow.. surprised that the Asus
utility would not provide that feature.

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 05:10:45 GMT, Ralph2 <nonefound@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>The Asus PC Probe under DMI Explorer has several categories i.e.
>System that need to be filled in by OEM. Manufacturer; Product Name;
>Version; Serial Number; Chassis is another category that has a number
>of fields that need filling in.
>
>This information is missing from any reporting software...
>Question? Where and how does one input this information?
>
>Thanks
Turns out this info is from a file one must make.. make a text file
and call it OEMINFO.INI - then place it in the \WINDOWS\SYSTEM folder
(98SE), or the \WINNT\SYSTEM32 folder (Win2000Pro).

Will repost this under OEMINFO.INI and ask for a template to suit a
ASUS MB