Audio disappearance

I hvae recently updated my windows after having difficulties with my old Windows XP and have notice some odd changes. My audio isn't working. I've checked and there isnt any problems with my speakers, but yet I'm not getting any sound.
Is there anything wrong with my sound card? What do I have to do to get my sound back?

dl

Depends what *exactly* you mean by this;