A7N8X-VM 400 tv-out problem

Hello all,

I've just bought an A7N8X-VM 400 board and I have problem with the
TV-OUT feature: The display is fuzzy and jerky.

When I start the PC:
- The first VGA BIOS message is correct on TV
- But when the Asus BIOS POST message is on screen, the display became
fuzzy/jerky (It's difficult to read BIOS message or configure it with
this display)

The only way I found for correct this problem is to install Microsoft
Windows with the Nvidia drivers....
But I want to use my motherboard under Linux and the problem is not
corrected under Linux.

The BIOS is correctly configured for a PAL TV.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this problem ?

Thanks,

Olivier

Olivier Cochard a écrit :
> Hello all,
>
> I've just bought an A7N8X-VM 400 board and I have problem with the
> TV-OUT feature: The display is fuzzy and jerky.
>
> When I start the PC:
> - The first VGA BIOS message is correct on TV
> - But when the Asus BIOS POST message is on screen, the display became
> fuzzy/jerky (It's difficult to read BIOS message or configure it with
> this display)
>
> The only way I found for correct this problem is to install Microsoft
> Windows with the Nvidia drivers....
> But I want to use my motherboard under Linux and the problem is not
> corrected under Linux.
>
> The BIOS is correctly configured for a PAL TV.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this problem ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Olivier

I found the solution:
In the BIOS (menu "Advanced" and "Chipset"): the word PAL and NTSC for
the "Onboard TV out format" mode are inversed!

When I configure it for NTSC, it's works perfeclty (composite) on my
PAL TV!

Olivier