My computer is not detecting either my cd rewriter drive
or my cd/dvd rom drive. Any possible solutions most
appreciated???

Borrowed from Wesley Vogel. Man I gotta ask him where to send the
royalties :)

Restore Missing CD Drive
http://aumha.org/downloads/cdgone.zip

[[The popular CDGONE patch. CD drives may vanish in Windows Explorer, Device
Manager, etc. if a third-party CD-burning package has been uninstalled and
Registry references for some code modules aren’t removed successfully. This
patch and a reboot usually will restore the missing drives. Any third
party package still required will then have to be re-installed. ]]
http://aumha.org/reg3.htm

[[For more information on this and other possible causes, see the “Problems”
section of Alex Nichol’s Burning CDs in Windows XP article.]]
http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpcd.htm

Restore CD/DVD Drives to Explorer
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_cd_dvd_fix.htm

Burning CDs in Windows XP
http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpcd.htm

CD-ROM drive or DVD-ROM drive appears to be missing after you install
Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;320553

----
Nathan McNulty

Joel Kuczer wrote:
> My computer is not detecting either my cd rewriter drive
> or my cd/dvd rom drive. Any possible solutions most
> appreciated???

TRENDING THREADS