Internal wireless network card not being recognized

I replaced the hard drive on my Dell laptop and re-installed Windows XP Pro.
When I tried re-install my wireless network, it was determined that the
network card was bad and I placed the card and installed the latest driver.

When running the Network setup wizard the wireless card can't be found. In
the device manager, there are not Xs or ?s next to the card and it says the
device is working properly.

Any suggestions to what is causing the problem?

Thanks, Bob

What wizard are you using? Can you please specify steps for launching it?

Use of included
script samples are subject to the terms specified at

message are best
directed to the newsgroup/thread from which they originated.

"Bob S" <Bob S@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I replaced the hard drive on my Dell laptop and re-installed Windows XP
>Pro.
> When I tried re-install my wireless network, it was determined that the
> network card was bad and I placed the card and installed the latest
> driver.
>
> When running the Network setup wizard the wireless card can't be found.
> In
> the device manager, there are not Xs or ?s next to the card and it says
> the
> device is working properly.
>
> Any suggestions to what is causing the problem?
>
> Thanks, Bob

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Is your card compatible with Windows... and how did you test to see if your
old card was bad?
Also what kind of network card is it? ex. linksys, etc..
And remove the device and allow windows to auto. find the card and install
the latest driver.