Game Developers Detail "Ambitious" Minecraft Followup

Status
Not open for further replies.

dameon51

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2006
This looks like it could really be something else. I hope they have a dummies version too though, because programming for a cpu isn't everyones cup of tea. But if this catches on the number of assembler programmers out there could increase a lot!

wesleywatson

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2009
0x10 is hexadecimal for 16. Raised to the 'c' power in hex is 16^12, which equals 281,474,976,710,656. That is how many years they've slept. It's another way to write the wrong value entered for the ships trip, according to the story on the site.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
could be interesting, but making minecraft an mmo...

im just betting that the game will be restricting the mods, something that is required to make minecraft even remotely tolerable.

im looking at cube world as minecraft done right, and terraria as how combat should have been.

Zingam_Duo

Honorable
Mar 22, 2012
Sounds like a crazy good idea. But can they pull it off? It sounds also very ambitious? Chances are that this game will either be not that good or it will drain their money. Well, I wish them luck! There are so few good games!

JimmiG

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2008
Those who love building stuff with redstone in Minecraft will love this game.
For people who don't have asperger's, I don't think it will be very interesting.

snowzsan

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2011
Wow... I invite any of you to watch "The Universe: Cosmic Apocalypse" and tell me if that storyline doesn't sound ripped straight out of it. Notch, you watch far too many documentaries.

Also, during the black hole era, really? That's when your character wakes up? There's no useful, non-chaotic energy left in the universe. Even if they did manage to wake up, they'd die nearly instantaneously. Just saying....

This is why you shouldn't smoke pot, stay up late, eat right before bed, and watching documentaries... Notch proves why you shouldn't do it if you have money.

greatsaltedone

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2010
I read about this yesterday, it looks like the whole point is writing an operating system for your ship, which is pretty crazy but so totally cool. I never got into minecraft, it just doesn't interest me, but this looks like something very much worth anyone's time. If they can pull this off kids should be playing this in computer class in middle school.

stingstang

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
First program I'm writing for my ship's computer? Totally gonna overcharge all the guns so I only get one shot before it cripples the ship...But oh, how awesome would that be?!
More pew pew.

RipperjackAU

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
"Mojang's next PC game will be set in outer space and feature a fully functioning emulated 16-bit CPU."

Does this mean the graphics will be 16 bit as well?

igot1forya

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2008
Somehow I think my CPU will boot for the first time and say the following: "Good afternoon, gentlemen. I am a HAL 9000 computer. I became operational at the H.A.L. plant in Urbana, Illinois on the 12th of January 1992. My instructor was Mr. Langley, and he taught me to sing a song. If you'd like to hear it I can sing it for you."

reconspartan

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2008
[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]It seems a bit far-fetched. Still having trouble understanding how this could be a game.[/citation]

Perhaps a byte two far-fetched? *English man's laugh*

Status
Not open for further replies.