USB Device not recognised

I'm using a Dell latitude D600 with XP and a USB mouse attached.
It is the only USB device attached and appears to be working fine.
However it keeps popping up with errors saying USB Device not
recognised.
The error when double clicked says Unkown device. try reconnecting the
device. If windows still does not recognize it, replace the device.
Even though the mouse is working I have replaced it and am still
getting errors popping up.
Any ideas?

Did you install the software for the mouse?
www.coribright.com

"Ciar?n" <chudson007@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm using a Dell latitude D600 with XP and a USB mouse attached.
> It is the only USB device attached and appears to be working fine.
> However it keeps popping up with errors saying USB Device not
> recognised.
> The error when double clicked says Unkown device. try reconnecting the
> device. If windows still does not recognize it, replace the device.
> Even though the mouse is working I have replaced it and am still
> getting errors popping up.
> Any ideas?

Also, check in Device Manager and make sure nothing has the yellow
exclamation mark next to it. Try installing the latest
motherboard/chipset driver to ensure it isn't anything with that.

----
Nathan McNulty