NEC DVD-RW ND-2500A

Hi,

Just wondering if a firmware upgrade is available for DVD-
RW drives (the NEC ND-2500A model in particular) to make
them write dual-layer media discs?

Many Thanks.

Steve
6 answers Last reply
More about 2500a

    Any available firmware upgrades are only obtainable by visiting
    the support website of the manufacturer of your hardware device.

    Visit: http://www.necus.com/support/

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect your PC!

    "steve" wrote:

    | Hi,
    |
    | Just wondering if a firmware upgrade is available for DVD-
    | RW drives (the NEC ND-2500A model in particular) to make
    | them write dual-layer media discs?
    |
    | Many Thanks.
    |
    | Steve

    ....in which Carey once again confirms his profound level
    of ignorance.

    There is an 'unauthorised' beta available. Search Google for 'NEC 2500A
    firmware' and you will find it.

    "steve" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    > Hi,
    >
    > Just wondering if a firmware upgrade is available for DVD-
    > RW drives (the NEC ND-2500A model in particular) to make
    > them write dual-layer media discs?
    >
    > Many Thanks.
    >
    > Steve

    Heck, I'll give you a direct link, but first a lecture. These
    firmware's are entirely patched by people outside of NEC. They are not
    supported and will void your warranty. Though it appears the two drives
    are identical, you may still encounter problems. It may be impossible
    for you to flash back to ND2500A from ND2510A and many things can go
    wrong in the flashing process leaving your drive completely unuseable.
    As long as you understand that and are willing to take these risks, here
    is the link to the latest upgrade patch:
    http://forum.rpc1.org/viewtopic.php?t=25904

    ----
    Nathan McNulty

    Edward W. Thompson wrote:
    > There is an 'unauthorised' beta available. Search Google for 'NEC 2500A
    > firmware' and you will find it.
    >

    > "steve" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>Hi,
    >>
    >>Just wondering if a firmware upgrade is available for DVD-
    >>RW drives (the NEC ND-2500A model in particular) to make
    >>them write dual-layer media discs?
    >>
    >>Many Thanks.
    >>
    >>Steve

    I think anyone who asks the question doesn't need talking to like a first
    grader. You really are a bore at times.

    "Nathan McNulty" <nospam@msn.com> wrote in message
    > Heck, I'll give you a direct link, but first a lecture. These
    > firmware's are entirely patched by people outside of NEC. They are not
    > supported and will void your warranty. Though it appears the two drives
    > are identical, you may still encounter problems. It may be impossible
    > for you to flash back to ND2500A from ND2510A and many things can go
    > wrong in the flashing process leaving your drive completely unuseable.
    > As long as you understand that and are willing to take these risks, here
    > is the link to the latest upgrade patch:
    > http://forum.rpc1.org/viewtopic.php?t=25904
    >
    > ----
    > Nathan McNulty
    >

    > Edward W. Thompson wrote:
    > > There is an 'unauthorised' beta available. Search Google for 'NEC 2500A
    > > firmware' and you will find it.
    > >

    > > "steve" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > >>Hi,
    > >>
    > >>Just wondering if a firmware upgrade is available for DVD-
    > >>RW drives (the NEC ND-2500A model in particular) to make
    > >>them write dual-layer media discs?
    > >>
    > >>Many Thanks.
    > >>
    > >>Steve

    Thank you :)

    I don't want to have someone try to hold me responsible when something
    goes wrong. Not my fault it they want to start screwing with firmwares
    and BIOSes.

    If I was talking to a first grader, I would have explained the whole
    process, step by step. Some people just hear they can do something and
    don't think about it first. I just want to make sure people know the
    consequences.

    ----
    Nathan McNulty

    Edward W. Thompson wrote:
    > I think anyone who asks the question doesn't need talking to like a first
    > grader. You really are a bore at times.
    >
    > "Nathan McNulty" <nospam@msn.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>Heck, I'll give you a direct link, but first a lecture. These
    >>firmware's are entirely patched by people outside of NEC. They are not
    >>supported and will void your warranty. Though it appears the two drives
    >>are identical, you may still encounter problems. It may be impossible
    >>for you to flash back to ND2500A from ND2510A and many things can go
    >>wrong in the flashing process leaving your drive completely unuseable.
    >>As long as you understand that and are willing to take these risks, here
    >>is the link to the latest upgrade patch:
    >>http://forum.rpc1.org/viewtopic.php?t=25904
    >>
    >>----
    >>Nathan McNulty
    >>

    >>Edward W. Thompson wrote:
    >>
    >>>There is an 'unauthorised' beta available. Search Google for 'NEC 2500A
    >>>firmware' and you will find it.
    >>>

    >>>"steve" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

DVD RW NEC Microsoft Windows XP