CPU SPEED INCORRECT

DEMON

Have just built a system for a friend but can't get the CPU to show the
correct speed no matter how I set the jumpers or the Bios.

Specs:

ASUS A7S8X
512MB DDR 2700
SEMPRON 2800

Have had to set the jumpers to the 133 setting in order to get CPU speed up
to 1600, any other setting drops it to 1200.

Have updated to the latest Bios but didn't help, Bios doesn't see a Sempron
Processor either.

Any ideas?

--
(º·.¸(¨*·.¸ ¸.·*¨)¸.·º)
«.·°·. DEMON .·°·.»

Paul

Splendid

In article <Bx8Qd.711$9w5.688@newsfe1-gui.ntli.net>, "Demon"
<demon01@NOSPAMtalk21.com> wrote:

> Have just built a system for a friend but can't get the CPU to show the
> correct speed no matter how I set the jumpers or the Bios.
>
> Specs:
>
> ASUS A7S8X
> 512MB DDR 2700
> SEMPRON 2800
>
> Have had to set the jumpers to the 133 setting in order to get CPU speed up
> to 1600, any other setting drops it to 1200.
>
> Have updated to the latest Bios but didn't help, Bios doesn't see a Sempron
> Processor either.
>

> Any ideas?

What speed does it show if you pull the two FSB jumpers,
so there are no jumpers on the 2x3 block ?

Paul

2800+ is a comparative speed index rating. The actual speed of the
processor should actually operate at 2.0 GHz. You have incorrect settings
somewhere.

Bobby

"Demon" <demon01@NOSPAMtalk21.com> wrote in

> Have just built a system for a friend but can't get the CPU to show
> the correct speed no matter how I set the jumpers or the Bios.
>
> Specs:
>
> ASUS A7S8X
> 512MB DDR 2700
> SEMPRON 2800
>
> Have had to set the jumpers to the 133 setting in order to get CPU
> speed up to 1600, any other setting drops it to 1200.

The 2800+ uses a 12 multiplyer, if the motherboard is capable of a fsb of
166 you get the expected 2000MHz, if not you only get 1600MHz with a fsb of
133 and 1200MHz with a fsb of 100.

--
Peter Strömberg (55.6N 13.0E)
C2K2 C2K3 ISCCIV02 ISCCIV03 ISCCIV04