Bungie working on new IP after Halo 2?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.xbox.halo,alt.games.halo,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

http://gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=4720

Bungie finishes work on Halo 2, may develop new IP next

Rob Fahey 09:56 04/10/2004

Final milestone for Xbox' biggest title; but Halo 3 isn't on the menu yet,
it seems

Microsoft-owned developer Bungie has finished work on the hugely anticipated
Xbox exclusive first-person shooter Halo 2, according to the latest weekly
update from the team, with the game on track for a November 9th launch.

"It's finished and shipped to a nebulous region known as RTC (Release to
Certification)," according to the update, "where it will be dumped from
eight digital tapes onto a DVD and go through some final testing."

Bungie will shortly be discontinuing its weekly updates, since development
on the game is now all but completed; while the title is not officially
"gold" as yet, with some quality assurance work still to be completed, the
actual development process is largely wrapped up.

This leaves the game right on track ("barring any unexpected shenanigans,"
as the update puts it) for its launch on November 9th in the USA, and
10th/11th in Europe - putting the game a couple of weeks ahead of Half-Life
2, if dates revealed to UK retailers by Vivendi Universal Games last week
hold true.

Bungie started work on Halo 2 almost directly after finishing Halo, but with
the company now considering its future plans, it would appear that Halo 3
isn't on the menu just yet - with plans to develop "something different"
next.

"After Halo 2 we are planning to do something different," Bungie studio
manager Pete Parsons told the BBC recently. "We will do something else and
we have a few ideas."

This will, of course, raise speculation that Bungie may not be planning to
do a Halo title as an Xbox 2 launch title, as had been widely expected,
since for a new Halo game to be ready for the launch of Microsoft's next
console - expected in late 2005 - work would have to begin right away.

It seems unlikely that the console would launch without some kind of
offering from Bungie, which is the jewel in Microsoft's internal development
crown. Rather than Halo 3, then, the firm may be hoping to create a new
franchise of similar value on Xbox 2, just as it did with Halo at the launch
of Xbox.

that's fine but please give us beefy Xbox 2 versions of Halo and Halo2, if
there is no Halo3 or if Halo3 isn't coming out til 2007 or later.
28 answers Last reply
More about bungie working halo
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.xbox.halo,alt.games.halo,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox (More info?)

    On 10/4/2004 11:45 AM, Xenon/Cygnus spake thusly:

    > that's fine but please give us beefy Xbox 2 versions of Halo and Halo2, if
    > there is no Halo3 or if Halo3 isn't coming out til 2007 or later.

    Uh, why the hell would they waste time and resources on creating Xbox2
    versions of Xbox games? The Bungie guys deserve a break from the Halo
    universe for a while. Let's see what else they can do. A cool new game "from
    the makers of Halo" for an Xbox2 launch would be almost as good as Halo 3.

    If Xbox2 could launch with exclusives from Bungie, BioWare, Rare (PD0
    presumably), Tecmo and Bizarre Creations (Project Gotham), that would be a
    sweet, sweet slate to get things started, though there might not be enough
    time if MS is still gung-ho on launching by Xmas 2005. I wonder if Peter
    Molyneux could crank out Fable 2 in a year or so? Yeah, as if.

    -Z-

    (un-crossposted to the uk.* newsgroups)
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.xbox.halo,alt.games.halo,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox (More info?)

    "Zackman" <zackman@SPAMISEVILearthling.net> wrote in message
    > On 10/4/2004 11:45 AM, Xenon/Cygnus spake thusly:
    >
    >> that's fine but please give us beefy Xbox 2 versions of Halo and Halo2,
    >> if
    >> there is no Halo3 or if Halo3 isn't coming out til 2007 or later.
    >
    > Uh, why the hell would they waste time and resources on creating Xbox2
    > versions of Xbox games? The Bungie guys deserve a break from the Halo
    > universe for a while. Let's see what else they can do. A cool new game
    > "from
    > the makers of Halo" for an Xbox2 launch would be almost as good as Halo 3.
    >
    > If Xbox2 could launch with exclusives from Bungie, BioWare, Rare (PD0
    > presumably), Tecmo and Bizarre Creations (Project Gotham), that would be a
    > sweet, sweet slate to get things started, though there might not be enough
    > time if MS is still gung-ho on launching by Xmas 2005. I wonder if Peter
    > Molyneux could crank out Fable 2 in a year or so? Yeah, as if.
    >
    > -Z-
    >
    > (un-crossposted to the uk.* newsgroups)

    How about an old BASIC emulator:

    10 PRINT "Enter your name"
    20 INPUT A$
    30 PRINT A$;
    40 GOTO 30
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.xbox.halo,alt.games.halo,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox (More info?)

    "Zackman" <zackman@SPAMISEVILearthling.net> wrote in message
    > On 10/4/2004 11:45 AM, Xenon/Cygnus spake thusly:
    >
    > The Bungie guys deserve a break from the Halo
    > universe for a while. Let's see what else they can do. A cool new game
    > "from
    > the makers of Halo" for an Xbox2 launch would be almost as good as Halo 3.

    Well, SquareSoft has been carrying the Final Fantasy Series for some time -
    I don't see why Halo, with a pretty impressive storyline that has already
    spanned more than one paperback and multiple fan submissions, could not go
    beyond 2 editions and still be well received. I can think of much worse
    examples that have spanned multiple volumes...
  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.xbox.halo,alt.games.halo,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox (More info?)

    On 10/4/2004 1:32 PM, xTenn spake thusly:

    > Well, SquareSoft has been carrying the Final Fantasy Series for some time -
    > I don't see why Halo, with a pretty impressive storyline that has already
    > spanned more than one paperback and multiple fan submissions, could not go
    > beyond 2 editions and still be well received.

    Oh hell, I'm not saying it wouldn't be well received. It would be HUGE and I
    would love to see Halo 3 at the Xbox2 launch. I'm just saying Bungie has
    been working on Halo exclusively for the Xbox for four years now (and for
    the Mac/PC for years before that), and no matter how much they might love
    the Halo universe, they're probably ready to take a break and try something
    different.

    -Z-
  5. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.xbox.halo,alt.games.halo,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    Xenon wrote:
    > http://gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=4720
    >
    > Bungie finishes work on Halo 2, may develop new IP next

    Does this mean they are going to finish Pimps at Sea? I've been waiting for
    the game for years.
  6. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.xbox.halo,alt.games.halo,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox (More info?)

    "HockeyTownUSA" <magma@killspam.comcast.net> wrote in message

    > "Zackman" <zackman@SPAMISEVILearthling.net> wrote in message
    > > On 10/4/2004 11:45 AM, Xenon/Cygnus spake thusly:
    > >
    > >> that's fine but please give us beefy Xbox 2 versions of Halo and Halo2,
    > >> if
    > >> there is no Halo3 or if Halo3 isn't coming out til 2007 or later.
    > >
    > > Uh, why the hell would they waste time and resources on creating Xbox2
    > > versions of Xbox games? The Bungie guys deserve a break from the Halo
    > > universe for a while. Let's see what else they can do. A cool new game
    > > "from
    > > the makers of Halo" for an Xbox2 launch would be almost as good as Halo
    3.

    > > If Xbox2 could launch with exclusives from Bungie, BioWare, Rare (PD0
    > > presumably), Tecmo and Bizarre Creations (Project Gotham), that would be
    > > sweet, sweet slate to get things started, though there might not be
    enough
    > > time if MS is still gung-ho on launching by Xmas 2005. I wonder if Peter
    > > Molyneux could crank out Fable 2 in a year or so? Yeah, as if.
    > >
    > > -Z-
    > >
    > > (un-crossposted to the uk.* newsgroups)
    > >

    > How about an old BASIC emulator:

    Now that's old school my friend... Now for a slight modification...

    10 PRINT "Enter your name"
    20 INPUT A$
    25 FOR I = 1 TO 100
    30 PRINT A$;" is a big fat whore!!!";
    40 NEXT I
    50 GOTO 10

    :)

    - Cryo
  7. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.xbox.halo,alt.games.halo,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox (More info?)

    > On 10/4/2004 1:32 PM, xTenn spake thusly:
    >
    > > Well, SquareSoft has been carrying the Final Fantasy Series for some
    time -
    > > I don't see why Halo, with a pretty impressive storyline that has
    already
    > > spanned more than one paperback and multiple fan submissions, could not
    go
    > > beyond 2 editions and still be well received.
    >
    > Oh hell, I'm not saying it wouldn't be well received. It would be HUGE and
    > would love to see Halo 3 at the Xbox2 launch. I'm just saying Bungie has
    > been working on Halo exclusively for the Xbox for four years now (and for
    > the Mac/PC for years before that), and no matter how much they might love
    > the Halo universe, they're probably ready to take a break and try
    something
    > different.

    Well, I couldn't argue with that logic. I bet they have being seeing
    MasterChief in their waking dreams for some time now... You may have a
    point - may not hurt to keep them a little fresh for #3, which should be
    coming, irregardless launch title or not.
  8. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.xbox.halo,alt.games.halo,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox (More info?)

    I read something from Bungie's site that work on Marathon was not ruled out.
    There are some similarities to Halo if you were any of you old timers
    remember.
    I am not sure if the basic Marathon2 Mac or PC engine would be updateable
    for Xbox or Xbox 2 or whether it might be totally remade.

    "Cryofax" <ThrowShit@YourFace.com> wrote in message
    > "HockeyTownUSA" <magma@killspam.comcast.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Zackman" <zackman@SPAMISEVILearthling.net> wrote in message
    >> > On 10/4/2004 11:45 AM, Xenon/Cygnus spake thusly:

    >> > Uh, why the hell would they waste time and resources on creating Xbox2
    >> > versions of Xbox games? The Bungie guys deserve a break from the Halo
    >> > universe for a while. Let's see what else they can do. A cool new game
    >> > "from
    >> > the makers of Halo" for an Xbox2 launch would be almost as good as Halo
    > 3.
    >> >
    >> > If Xbox2 could launch with exclusives from Bungie, BioWare, Rare (PD0
    >> > presumably), Tecmo and Bizarre Creations (Project Gotham), that would
    >> > be
    >> > sweet, sweet slate to get things started, though there might not be
    > enough
    >> > time if MS is still gung-ho on launching by Xmas 2005. I wonder if
    >> > Peter
    >> > Molyneux could crank out Fable 2 in a year or so? Yeah, as if.
    >> >
    >> > -Z-
    >> >
    >> > (un-crossposted to the uk.* newsgroups)
    >> >

    >> How about an old BASIC emulator:
    >
    > Now that's old school my friend... Now for a slight modification...
    >
    > 10 PRINT "Enter your name"
    > 20 INPUT A$
    > 25 FOR I = 1 TO 100
    > 30 PRINT A$;" is a big fat whore!!!";
    > 40 NEXT I
    > 50 GOTO 10
    >
    > :)
    >
    > - Cryo

  9. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.xbox.halo,alt.games.halo,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    "Hank the Rapper" <fakeemail@coldmail.com> wrote in message

    > Does this mean they are going to finish Pimps at Sea? I've been waiting
    > for the game for years.

    LOL, we can but dream. 8-)

    --
    Paul Smith,
    Yeovil, UK.

  10. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.xbox.halo,alt.games.halo,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    "Paul Smith" <Paul@nospam.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:<cjuagt$ds$1$8300dec7@news.demon.co.uk>...
    > "Hank the Rapper" <fakeemail@coldmail.com> wrote in message
    >
    > > Does this mean they are going to finish Pimps at Sea? I've been waiting
    > > for the game for years.
    >
    > LOL, we can but dream. 8-)

    Halo: Extreme Beach Volleyball edition. :^)

    - Jordan
  11. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.xbox.halo,alt.games.halo,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    "Jordan Lund" <lundj@earthlink.net> wrote in message

    > Halo: Extreme Beach Volleyball edition. :^)

    Now you just wanna see Sergeant Johnson in a bikini! 8-)

    --
    Paul Smith,
    Yeovil, UK.

  12. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.xbox.halo,alt.games.halo,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    "Paul Smith" <Paul@nospam.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:<cjusms$jsv$1$830fa79d@news.demon.co.uk>...
    > "Jordan Lund" <lundj@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    >
    > > Halo: Extreme Beach Volleyball edition. :^)
    >
    > Now you just wanna see Sergeant Johnson in a bikini! 8-)

    "HOLD ME!" (- STILL funny...)

    - Jordan
  13. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.xbox.halo,alt.games.halo,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    > > > Does this mean they are going to finish Pimps at Sea? I've been
    waiting
    > > > for the game for years.
    > >
    > > LOL, we can but dream. 8-)
    >
    > Halo: Extreme Beach Volleyball edition. :^)

    Halo: Alpha Turbo (as in Streetfighter)
    Halo: The lost levels (as in Mario)
    Halo: Double Dash (as in Mario Kart)
    Halo: Tournament (as in Unreal Tournament)
    Halo 2D (as the opposite of Duke Nukem 3D)

    Any more ...

    - Sty -

    p.s. Maybe a stupid question, but where does IP stand for (I guess it is not
    Internet Protocol, in this case)
  14. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.xbox.halo,alt.games.halo,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    On 10/7/04 7:00 AM, in article ck3bac$9lp$1@reader08.wxs.nl, "Sty"
    <rensono@spamgmx.net> wrote:

    > waiting
    >>>
    >>> LOL, we can but dream. 8-)
    >>
    >> Halo: Extreme Beach Volleyball edition. :^)
    >
    > Halo: Alpha Turbo (as in Streetfighter)
    > Halo: The lost levels (as in Mario)
    > Halo: Double Dash (as in Mario Kart)
    > Halo: Tournament (as in Unreal Tournament)
    > Halo 2D (as the opposite of Duke Nukem 3D)
    >
    > Any more ...
    >
    > - Sty -
    >
    > p.s. Maybe a stupid question, but where does IP stand for (I guess it is not
    > Internet Protocol, in this case)

    Halo: Ocarina of Time (As in Zelda)
    Halo: Combat Devolved (As in... Well, I'm not really sure)
    Halo: Prime (As in Metroid)
  15. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.xbox.halo,alt.games.halo,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    "Sty" <rensono@spamgmx.net> wrote in message
    > waiting
    > > >
    > > > LOL, we can but dream. 8-)
    > >
    > > Halo: Extreme Beach Volleyball edition. :^)
    >
    > Halo: Alpha Turbo (as in Streetfighter)
    > Halo: The lost levels (as in Mario)
    > Halo: Double Dash (as in Mario Kart)
    > Halo: Tournament (as in Unreal Tournament)
    > Halo 2D (as the opposite of Duke Nukem 3D)
    >
    > Any more ...
    >
    > - Sty -
    >
    > p.s. Maybe a stupid question, but where does IP stand for (I guess it is
    not
    > Internet Protocol, in this case)

    Intellectual property.
  16. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.xbox.halo,alt.games.halo,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    Devala Rees wrote:

    > "Sty" wrote:
    >>
    >>p.s. Maybe a stupid question, but where does IP stand for (I guess it is not
    >>Internet Protocol, in this case)

    Sty: "IP" in this case means "Intellectual Property" -- intangible or
    virtual ideas or concepts that have potential commercial value, but no
    physical form, like computer software code or ideas for Halo 3. :)

    > Halo: Ocarina of Time (As in Zelda)
    > Halo: Combat Devolved (As in... Well, I'm not really sure)
    > Halo: Prime (As in Metroid)

    Would that then make Halo 2, "Halo Prime 2: Reverberations" (playing off
    the Metroid Prime example)? :)

    (An encounter between the Master Chief and "Metroid"'s Samus Aran would
    be, well, interesting, to say the least....)

    --
    Glenn Shaw
    Indianapolis, IN USA

    "Devala Rees" <darkeagle@lisco.com> wrote in message
    > Halo: Combat Devolved (As in... Well, I'm not really sure)

    You still play as MC, but the only weapon you have is a Elite's leg (that
    you have to earn by pulling it off one of them).
  18. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.xbox.halo,alt.games.halo,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    On 10/7/04 8:17 AM, in article BpOdnfnfd-hF3PjcRVn-vA@comcast.com, "Glenn
    Shaw" <togusa@NOSPAMcomnet.cast> wrote:

    > Devala Rees wrote:
    >
    >> "Sty" wrote:
    >>>
    >>> p.s. Maybe a stupid question, but where does IP stand for (I guess it is not
    >>> Internet Protocol, in this case)
    >
    > Sty: "IP" in this case means "Intellectual Property" -- intangible or
    > virtual ideas or concepts that have potential commercial value, but no
    > physical form, like computer software code or ideas for Halo 3. :)
    >
    >> Halo: Ocarina of Time (As in Zelda)
    >> Halo: Combat Devolved (As in... Well, I'm not really sure)
    >> Halo: Prime (As in Metroid)
    >
    > Would that then make Halo 2, "Halo Prime 2: Reverberations" (playing off
    > the Metroid Prime example)? :)
    >
    > (An encounter between the Master Chief and "Metroid"'s Samus Aran would
    > be, well, interesting, to say the least....)

    It wouldn't last long. Samus Aran would DIE!!!!!
  19. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.xbox.halo,alt.games.halo,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    "liquid" <vanmanus@netscape.net> schreef in bericht

    > "Sty" <rensono@spamgmx.net> wrote in message
    > > waiting

    > > > Halo: Extreme Beach Volleyball edition. :^)
    > >
    > > Halo: Alpha Turbo (as in Streetfighter)
    > > Halo: The lost levels (as in Mario)
    > > Halo: Double Dash (as in Mario Kart)
    > > Halo: Tournament (as in Unreal Tournament)
    > > Halo 2D (as the opposite of Duke Nukem 3D)
    > >
    > > Any more ...
    > >
    > > - Sty -
    > >
    > > p.s. Maybe a stupid question, but where does IP stand for (I guess it is
    > not
    > > Internet Protocol, in this case)
    > >

    > Intellectual property.

    Okay, thanks. It was probably not my IP to know it... ;-)

    - Sty -
  20. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.xbox.halo,alt.games.halo,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    I read something where it said that Halo 3 is definately not on the cards
    for the moment. The guy they were interviewing said that the team had
    practically lived and breathed Halo since Halo 1 (the sequal was started
    shortly after) the the last thing the team wanted to hear was 'let's start
    on Halo 3'. I hope they bring it out for Xbox 2 though.

    "Xenon" <xenonxbox2@xboxnext.com> wrote in message

    > http://gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=4720
    >
    > Bungie finishes work on Halo 2, may develop new IP next
    >
    > Rob Fahey 09:56 04/10/2004
    >
    > Final milestone for Xbox' biggest title; but Halo 3 isn't on the menu yet,
    > it seems
    >
    > Microsoft-owned developer Bungie has finished work on the hugely
    > anticipated
    > Xbox exclusive first-person shooter Halo 2, according to the latest weekly
    > update from the team, with the game on track for a November 9th launch.
    >
    > "It's finished and shipped to a nebulous region known as RTC (Release to
    > Certification)," according to the update, "where it will be dumped from
    > eight digital tapes onto a DVD and go through some final testing."
    >
    > Bungie will shortly be discontinuing its weekly updates, since development
    > on the game is now all but completed; while the title is not officially
    > "gold" as yet, with some quality assurance work still to be completed, the
    > actual development process is largely wrapped up.
    >
    > This leaves the game right on track ("barring any unexpected shenanigans,"
    > as the update puts it) for its launch on November 9th in the USA, and
    > 10th/11th in Europe - putting the game a couple of weeks ahead of
    > Half-Life
    > 2, if dates revealed to UK retailers by Vivendi Universal Games last week
    > hold true.
    >
    > Bungie started work on Halo 2 almost directly after finishing Halo, but
    > with
    > the company now considering its future plans, it would appear that Halo 3
    > isn't on the menu just yet - with plans to develop "something different"
    > next.
    >
    > "After Halo 2 we are planning to do something different," Bungie studio
    > manager Pete Parsons told the BBC recently. "We will do something else and
    > we have a few ideas."
    >
    > This will, of course, raise speculation that Bungie may not be planning to
    > do a Halo title as an Xbox 2 launch title, as had been widely expected,
    > since for a new Halo game to be ready for the launch of Microsoft's next
    > console - expected in late 2005 - work would have to begin right away.
    >
    > It seems unlikely that the console would launch without some kind of
    > offering from Bungie, which is the jewel in Microsoft's internal
    > development
    > crown. Rather than Halo 3, then, the firm may be hoping to create a new
    > franchise of similar value on Xbox 2, just as it did with Halo at the
    > launch
    > of Xbox.
    >
    > that's fine but please give us beefy Xbox 2 versions of Halo and Halo2, if
    > there is no Halo3 or if Halo3 isn't coming out til 2007 or later.

  21. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.xbox.halo,alt.games.halo,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    "Glenn Shaw" <togusa@NOSPAMcomnet.cast> wrote in message
    > Devala Rees wrote:
    >
    >> "Sty" wrote:
    >>>
    >>>p.s. Maybe a stupid question, but where does IP stand for (I guess it is
    >>>not
    >>>Internet Protocol, in this case)
    >
    > Sty: "IP" in this case means "Intellectual Property" -- intangible or
    > virtual ideas or concepts that have potential commercial value, but no
    > physical form, like computer software code or ideas for Halo 3. :)
    >
    >> Halo: Ocarina of Time (As in Zelda)
    >> Halo: Combat Devolved (As in... Well, I'm not really sure)
    >> Halo: Prime (As in Metroid)
    >
    > Would that then make Halo 2, "Halo Prime 2: Reverberations" (playing off
    > the Metroid Prime example)? :)
    >
    > (An encounter between the Master Chief and "Metroid"'s Samus Aran would
    > be, well, interesting, to say the least....)

    How 'bout HaloCraft? Then a later release of the HaloCraft:Flood War
    Expansion Set.

    Chris
  22. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.xbox.halo,alt.games.halo,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    On 10/9/04 7:17 PM, in article 41687f28$1_2@newspeer2.tds.net, "Chris
    Johnson" <ctjohnson.at.tds.net@UcanFigureItOut.com> wrote:

    > "Glenn Shaw" <togusa@NOSPAMcomnet.cast> wrote in message
    >> Devala Rees wrote:

    >> Sty: "IP" in this case means "Intellectual Property" -- intangible or
    >> virtual ideas or concepts that have potential commercial value, but no
    >> physical form, like computer software code or ideas for Halo 3. :)
    >>
    >>> Halo: Ocarina of Time (As in Zelda)
    >>> Halo: Combat Devolved (As in... Well, I'm not really sure)
    >>> Halo: Prime (As in Metroid)
    >>
    >> Would that then make Halo 2, "Halo Prime 2: Reverberations" (playing off
    >> the Metroid Prime example)? :)
    >>
    >> (An encounter between the Master Chief and "Metroid"'s Samus Aran would
    >> be, well, interesting, to say the least....)
    >
    > How 'bout HaloCraft? Then a later release of the HaloCraft:Flood War
    > Expansion Set.
    >
    > Chris

    Halo RTS might work... It's been done already in Starcraft Battle.net
    several times to fairly good effect... But HaloCraft would be a rip-off, not
    to mention sounding lame.
  23. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.xbox.halo,alt.games.halo,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    >>> Would that then make Halo 2, "Halo Prime 2: Reverberations"
    >>> (playing off the Metroid Prime example)? :)
    >>>
    >>> (An encounter between the Master Chief and "Metroid"'s Samus Aran
    >>> would be, well, interesting, to say the least....)
    >>
    >> How 'bout HaloCraft? Then a later release of the HaloCraft:Flood War
    >> Expansion Set.
    >
    > Halo RTS might work... It's been done already in Starcraft Battle.net
    > several times to fairly good effect... But HaloCraft would be a
    > rip-off, not to mention sounding lame.

    Halo actually started as an RTS. Here's the IGN article:

    http://xbox.ign.com/articles/425/425116p1.html

    There's a video with it that you have to be an IGN Insider to see (which
    means I haven't seen it).
    --
    //mike tyndall
    Tycho: "I play violent videogames! I could snap any minute!"

    > On 10/9/04 7:17 PM, in article 41687f28$1_2@newspeer2.tds.net, "Chris
    > Johnson" <ctjohnson.at.tds.net@UcanFigureItOut.com> wrote:
    >
    >> How 'bout HaloCraft? Then a later release of the HaloCraft:Flood War
    >> Expansion Set.
    >
    > Halo RTS might work... It's been done already in Starcraft Battle.net
    > several times to fairly good effect... But HaloCraft would be a rip-off,
    > not
    > to mention sounding lame.

    Halo GTA: Master Chief is back, and he needs wine, women fast cars. Set in
    the post-conflict earth controlled by Covenant forces. MC sheds his shields
    to blend in with the rest of the humans populace, who are brutally
    subjudicated in this new age. The streets are heavily policed by brutal and
    petty Grunt officers, but that doesn't stop MC from reeking havoc as he
    jumps out of the bushes to strong-arm jack a fast police hovercraft, and
    blast his way through traffic and buildings in an attempt to recover data
    essential to Cortana's plan to retake earth.

    In the assault on the Covenant's Experimental Weapons Center ("EWC"), the MC
    finds himself supported by a mysterious female resistance member, with
    fighting capabilities equal to the MC's. The battle is too intense to
    discover the identity of this beautiful stranger, and as the tide turns in
    favor of the Covenant she is captured. MC and Cortana are just barely able
    to download critical data from the EWC computer and then escape with one
    precious red bar of health. Later, from the captured data Cortana was able
    to recover, MC learns the female fighter, Leela, is sole survivor of a
    top-secret parallel cyborg weapon development program run by the Marines
    before they lost the war. Cortana concludes that the Covenant will torture
    her for information and then dissect her to learn the MC's weaknesses, and
    that MC must drop everything else and rush out on a suicidal mission to
    recover what could be the secret to Earth's survival.

    The odds are so against the MC he risks everything by drinking a strong
    Covenant wine that induces homicidal rage, superhuman strength and
    hallucinations in humans. In fact, MC drinks a lot more of this stuff than
    even the most gonzo Elite stoner, puts on leveled-up weapons, and sets out
    to save Leela (for he knows in his heart that she is the love of his life).
    In a psychotic blur of colors and death, MC rages through the City and its
    residents like hot lead in a Sam Peckinpah movie. Unfortunately, too much
    Covenant wine makes MC kill anything that moves: People, Covenant, pets,
    and even some healthy looking plants fall in his wine-induced haze; No one
    is safe. Suddenly, MC is Earth's greatest threat, and we can only pray that
    his drunken rage wears off before he sees Leela again.
  25. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.xbox.halo,alt.games.halo,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    On 10/10/04 11:23 AM, in article 7mdad.24299$R43.8219@fed1read01, "Thoth"
    <thoth@notlisted.net> wrote:

    > \"Devala Rees" <darkeagle@lisco.com> wrote in message
    >> On 10/9/04 7:17 PM, in article 41687f28$1_2@newspeer2.tds.net, "Chris
    >> Johnson" <ctjohnson.at.tds.net@UcanFigureItOut.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>> How 'bout HaloCraft? Then a later release of the HaloCraft:Flood War
    >>> Expansion Set.
    >>
    >> Halo RTS might work... It's been done already in Starcraft Battle.net
    >> several times to fairly good effect... But HaloCraft would be a rip-off,
    >> not
    >> to mention sounding lame.
    >
    > Halo GTA: Master Chief is back, and he needs wine, women fast cars. Set in
    > the post-conflict earth controlled by Covenant forces. MC sheds his shields
    > to blend in with the rest of the humans populace, who are brutally
    > subjudicated in this new age. The streets are heavily policed by brutal and
    > petty Grunt officers, but that doesn't stop MC from reeking havoc as he
    > jumps out of the bushes to strong-arm jack a fast police hovercraft, and
    > blast his way through traffic and buildings in an attempt to recover data
    > essential to Cortana's plan to retake earth.
    >
    > In the assault on the Covenant's Experimental Weapons Center ("EWC"), the MC
    > finds himself supported by a mysterious female resistance member, with
    > fighting capabilities equal to the MC's. The battle is too intense to
    > discover the identity of this beautiful stranger, and as the tide turns in
    > favor of the Covenant she is captured. MC and Cortana are just barely able
    > to download critical data from the EWC computer and then escape with one
    > precious red bar of health. Later, from the captured data Cortana was able
    > to recover, MC learns the female fighter, Leela, is sole survivor of a
    > top-secret parallel cyborg weapon development program run by the Marines
    > before they lost the war. Cortana concludes that the Covenant will torture
    > her for information and then dissect her to learn the MC's weaknesses, and
    > that MC must drop everything else and rush out on a suicidal mission to
    > recover what could be the secret to Earth's survival.
    >
    > The odds are so against the MC he risks everything by drinking a strong
    > Covenant wine that induces homicidal rage, superhuman strength and
    > hallucinations in humans. In fact, MC drinks a lot more of this stuff than
    > even the most gonzo Elite stoner, puts on leveled-up weapons, and sets out
    > to save Leela (for he knows in his heart that she is the love of his life).
    > In a psychotic blur of colors and death, MC rages through the City and its
    > residents like hot lead in a Sam Peckinpah movie. Unfortunately, too much
    > Covenant wine makes MC kill anything that moves: People, Covenant, pets,
    > and even some healthy looking plants fall in his wine-induced haze; No one
    > is safe. Suddenly, MC is Earth's greatest threat, and we can only pray that
    > his drunken rage wears off before he sees Leela again.

    lol
  26. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.xbox.halo,alt.games.halo,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox (More info?)

    Zackman wrote:
    > On 10/4/2004 11:45 AM, Xenon/Cygnus spake thusly:
    >

    >>that's fine but please give us beefy Xbox 2 versions of Halo and Halo2, if
    >>there is no Halo3 or if Halo3 isn't coming out til 2007 or later.
    >

    > Uh, why the hell would they waste time and resources on creating Xbox2
    > versions of Xbox games? The Bungie guys deserve a break from the Halo
    > universe for a while. Let's see what else they can do. A cool new game "from
    > the makers of Halo" for an Xbox2 launch would be almost as good as Halo 3.
    >
    > If Xbox2 could launch with exclusives from Bungie, BioWare, Rare (PD0
    > presumably), Tecmo and Bizarre Creations (Project Gotham), that would be a
    > sweet, sweet slate to get things started, though there might not be enough
    > time if MS is still gung-ho on launching by Xmas 2005. I wonder if Peter
    > Molyneux could crank out Fable 2 in a year or so? Yeah, as if.
    >
    > -Z-
    >
    > (un-crossposted to the uk.* newsgroups)

    Port Myth to Xbox between the Halo2 and Halo3 release and I'd be
    happy... heheh.
  27. Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

    "Chris Johnson" <ctjohnson.at.tds.net@UcanFigureItOut.com> wrote in
    message
    > "Glenn Shaw" <togusa@NOSPAMcomnet.cast> wrote in message
    >> Devala Rees wrote:

    >> Sty: "IP" in this case means "Intellectual Property" -- intangible or
    >> virtual ideas or concepts that have potential commercial value, but
    >> no
    >> physical form, like computer software code or ideas for Halo 3. :)
    >>
    >>> Halo: Ocarina of Time (As in Zelda)
    >>> Halo: Combat Devolved (As in... Well, I'm not really sure)
    >>> Halo: Prime (As in Metroid)
    >>
    >> Would that then make Halo 2, "Halo Prime 2: Reverberations" (playing
    >> off
    >> the Metroid Prime example)? :)
    >>
    >> (An encounter between the Master Chief and "Metroid"'s Samus Aran
    >> would
    >> be, well, interesting, to say the least....)
    >
    > How 'bout HaloCraft? Then a later release of the HaloCraft:Flood War
    > Expansion Set.
    >
    > Chris
  28. Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

    "Chris Johnson" <ctjohnson.at.tds.net@UcanFigureItOut.com> wrote in
    message
    > "Glenn Shaw" <togusa@NOSPAMcomnet.cast> wrote in message
    >> Devala Rees wrote:

    >> Sty: "IP" in this case means "Intellectual Property" -- intangible or
    >> virtual ideas or concepts that have potential commercial value, but
    >> no
    >> physical form, like computer software code or ideas for Halo 3. :)
    >>
    >>> Halo: Ocarina of Time (As in Zelda)
    >>> Halo: Combat Devolved (As in... Well, I'm not really sure)
    >>> Halo: Prime (As in Metroid)
    >>
    >> Would that then make Halo 2, "Halo Prime 2: Reverberations" (playing
    >> off
    >> the Metroid Prime example)? :)
    >>
    >> (An encounter between the Master Chief and "Metroid"'s Samus Aran
    >> would
    >> be, well, interesting, to say the least....)
    >
    > How 'bout HaloCraft? Then a later release of the HaloCraft:Flood War
    > Expansion Set.
    >
    > Chris

    All this really neat stuff. I've seen an ingame footage
    movie/presentation of one level of Halo2. It had a flyby of the 'city'.
    The presenter brought in two characters, showed off the new weapons and
    changes to old ones. Homing rockets were good. Destructable vehicles
    were good. The player character models were excellent. Yet for ALL of
    this great stuff, I'd love to be able to just freely go off and explore
    the Halo. The whole halo. Doesn't look like it's gonna happen. I'll
    considermyself fortunate if Halo2 is ported to the PC.
    McG.

Games Microsoft Xbox Video Games