ipaq 3835 strange issue

June 23, 2004 4:46:53 PM

Hello,
I have recently started playing around again with my ipaq 3835 and I
have a problem. The ipaq only works when plugged into the AC adapter.
As soon as I pull the ipaq away from the power adapter, the screen
quickly fades and the entire device shuts off. Once this happens and I
re-insert into power adapter, I am forced to go through the device setup
(cursor alignment, timezone, etc).

Seems battery related to me, but I wanted to inquire before I go further...

Thanks,
June 23, 2004 4:46:54 PM

You should let it charge for 12 hours.

"Clint Wagner" <cawagner@indiana.edu> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I have recently started playing around again with my ipaq 3835 and I
> have a problem. The ipaq only works when plugged into the AC adapter.
> As soon as I pull the ipaq away from the power adapter, the screen
> quickly fades and the entire device shuts off. Once this happens and I
> re-insert into power adapter, I am forced to go through the device setup
> (cursor alignment, timezone, etc).
>
> Seems battery related to me, but I wanted to inquire before I go
further...

> Thanks,
June 23, 2004 4:56:22 PM

Already tried that... Didn't work Still dies about 6 seconds after
pulling it from the power adapter. Faulty battery or button board?
Mike wrote:

> You should let it charge for 12 hours.
>
> "Clint Wagner" <cawagner@indiana.edu> wrote in message
>
>>Hello,
>>I have recently started playing around again with my ipaq 3835 and I
>>have a problem. The ipaq only works when plugged into the AC adapter.
>>As soon as I pull the ipaq away from the power adapter, the screen
>>quickly fades and the entire device shuts off. Once this happens and I
>>re-insert into power adapter, I am forced to go through the device setup
>>(cursor alignment, timezone, etc).
>>
>>Seems battery related to me, but I wanted to inquire before I go
>
> further...
>
>>Thanks,

June 23, 2004 4:56:55 PM

Ya, sounds like you have a bad battery. Repair or replacement necessary.