HDD in device info but not recognized in XP Pro

bill

I just installed a Maxtor 80gb hard drive as a slave
drive to a 60gb Western Digital master. Drives are
recognized by bios and are listed in device manager with
no problems. Problem: drive isn't available to XP Pro.
Thanks!

bar

Did you format the drive and make it active?

"Bill" wrote:

> I just installed a Maxtor 80gb hard drive as a slave
> drive to a 60gb Western Digital master. Drives are
> recognized by bios and are listed in device manager with
> no problems. Problem: drive isn't available to XP Pro.
> Thanks!

Partition and format drive.

--
Regards: