Customize Mouse buttons for specific applications

August 6, 2004 3:46:34 AM

Hi-

I am not sure if this is the right newsgroup but I just reinstalled my MS
Intellimouse Optical on my window xp pro system and I am trying to configure
the side button to simulate SHIFT in IE. It has been so long since I
installed it that I can't remember what I need to do. The software only
lets me customize the buttons to specific actions. I thought there was a
way to specify it per program. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks in
advance and I apologize if this is the wrong newsgroup.

-Dan
Anonymous
August 6, 2004 4:40:04 AM

Application specific key assignments and custom commands per mouse button
was not implemented in Intellipoint 5.0

It'll be back in Intellipoint 5.2 which should be released pretty soon now.

--
Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

Find out about the MS MVP Program -

"Dan Orth" <danorth@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:o cKJ0f2eEHA.3944@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Hi-
>
> I am not sure if this is the right newsgroup but I just reinstalled my MS
> Intellimouse Optical on my window xp pro system and I am trying to
configure
> the side button to simulate SHIFT in IE. It has been so long since I
> installed it that I can't remember what I need to do. The software only
> lets me customize the buttons to specific actions. I thought there was a
> way to specify it per program. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks
in
> advance and I apologize if this is the wrong newsgroup.
>
> -Dan

Anonymous
August 6, 2004 4:40:05 AM

Thanks for the update. That is why I suggested going back to 4.2 :)

----
Nathan McNulty

!