HELP? A8n-sli deluxe and WD Sata cavier

RJT Wrote:
> primedrctv wrote:
> -
> Ports are enabled in the BIOS, but it only shows blanks, no
> drives.-
>
> Did you enable the nForce RAID in the mobo's bios? You need to enable
> nVidia RAID in general, and specify for which SATA drives you want
> RAID
> to work. Next, you enter the nVidia RAID bios and setup the RAID from
> there. Then you boot again, load the RAID drivers with f6 during
> install
> and all should be fine.
>
> Either that, or you may have plugged the drives onto the wrong SATA
> plugs - like I did ;)
Will check. When I enabled the nForce RAID, the boot would hang on the
searching for ARRAY line. I tried it 2 or 3 times, and each time had to
reset the CMOS ust so that I could get back into the BIOS. Alas, I will
check again tonight, thank you!

--
primedrctv

Hi Prime,
you may have seen my post down just a little from yours. I seem to be having
the same problem with 2 Maxtors. In RAID config the RAID freezes while
searching for the discs as well. I've already returned 1 board, this is
really strange. Regretfully I'm still looking for answers as well. Sorry I
have no help now, but if something comes up, I'll post. Dave