Customize Mouse buttons for specific applications

Hi-

I am not sure if this is the right newsgroup but I just reinstalled my MS
Intellimouse Optical on my window xp pro system and I am trying to configure
the side button to simulate SHIFT in IE. It has been so long since I
installed it that I can't remember what I need to do. The software only
lets me customize the buttons to specific actions. I thought there was a
way to specify it per program. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks in
advance and I apologize if this is the wrong newsgroup.

-Dan
6 answers Last reply
More about customize mouse buttons specific applications

    One post is good enough. You will need to install the IntelliType
    software and configure it. Did you use a third party software or did
    you just use this last time?

    ----
    Nathan McNulty

    Dan Orth wrote:
    > Hi-
    >
    > I am not sure if this is the right newsgroup but I just reinstalled my MS
    > Intellimouse Optical on my window xp pro system and I am trying to configure
    > the side button to simulate SHIFT in IE. It has been so long since I
    > installed it that I can't remember what I need to do. The software only
    > lets me customize the buttons to specific actions. I thought there was a
    > way to specify it per program. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks in
    > advance and I apologize if this is the wrong newsgroup.
    >
    > -Dan

    Sorry, about the double posts. I am using Outlook express and when I
    clicked on my other one it said it was no longer on the server and had a
    line through it so I thought something went wrong and posted again.

    As for the software. I am pretty sure I didn't use any third party. I have
    downloaded the Intellitype software v5 and installed that but I can't seem
    to find what I am looking for. I thought I remembered there being a button
    to click to specify based on the application.

    Thanks for your help-

    -Dan

    "Nathan McNulty" <nospam@msn.com> wrote in message
    > One post is good enough. You will need to install the IntelliType
    > software and configure it. Did you use a third party software or did
    > you just use this last time?
    >
    > ----
    > Nathan McNulty
    >

    > Dan Orth wrote:
    > > Hi-
    > >
    > > I am not sure if this is the right newsgroup but I just reinstalled my
    MS
    > > Intellimouse Optical on my window xp pro system and I am trying to
    configure
    > > the side button to simulate SHIFT in IE. It has been so long since I
    > > installed it that I can't remember what I need to do. The software only
    > > lets me customize the buttons to specific actions. I thought there was
    > > way to specify it per program. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks
    in
    > > advance and I apologize if this is the wrong newsgroup.
    > >
    > > -Dan

    You may want to try the Version 4 software instead of 5. I'm not sure,
    but these might work:
    http://www.softwarepatch.com/utilities/intellimouse.html

    ----
    Nathan McNulty

    Dan Orth wrote:
    > Sorry, about the double posts. I am using Outlook express and when I
    > clicked on my other one it said it was no longer on the server and had a
    > line through it so I thought something went wrong and posted again.
    >
    > As for the software. I am pretty sure I didn't use any third party. I have
    > downloaded the Intellitype software v5 and installed that but I can't seem
    > to find what I am looking for. I thought I remembered there being a button
    > to click to specify based on the application.
    >
    > Thanks for your help-
    >
    > -Dan
    >

    > "Nathan McNulty" <nospam@msn.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>One post is good enough. You will need to install the IntelliType
    >>software and configure it. Did you use a third party software or did
    >>you just use this last time?
    >>
    >>----
    >>Nathan McNulty
    >>

    >>Dan Orth wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hi-
    >>>
    >>>I am not sure if this is the right newsgroup but I just reinstalled my
    >
    > MS
    >
    >>>Intellimouse Optical on my window xp pro system and I am trying to
    >
    > configure
    >
    >>>the side button to simulate SHIFT in IE. It has been so long since I
    >>>installed it that I can't remember what I need to do. The software only
    >>>lets me customize the buttons to specific actions. I thought there was

    >>>way to specify it per program. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks
    >
    > in
    >
    >>>advance and I apologize if this is the wrong newsgroup.
    >>>
    >>>-Dan

    Any idea why 4 would be better than 5? Would they remove a feature?

    Thanks-

    > You may want to try the Version 4 software instead of 5. I'm not sure,
    > but these might work:
    > http://www.softwarepatch.com/utilities/intellimouse.html
    >
    > ----
    > Nathan McNulty
    >

    > Dan Orth wrote:
    > > Sorry, about the double posts. I am using Outlook express and when I
    > > clicked on my other one it said it was no longer on the server and had a
    > > line through it so I thought something went wrong and posted again.
    > >
    > > As for the software. I am pretty sure I didn't use any third party. I
    have
    > > downloaded the Intellitype software v5 and installed that but I can't
    seem
    > > to find what I am looking for. I thought I remembered there being a
    button
    > > to click to specify based on the application.
    > >
    > > Thanks for your help-
    > >
    > > -Dan
    > >

    > > "Nathan McNulty" <nospam@msn.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > >>One post is good enough. You will need to install the IntelliType
    > >>software and configure it. Did you use a third party software or did
    > >>you just use this last time?
    > >>
    > >>----
    > >>Nathan McNulty

    > > MS

    > > configure

    Thanks

    > > in

    They actually did remove a few features. Many people do not like
    Version 5 and much prefer Version 4. I no longer use them, but I liked
    Version 4 better too. Apparently version 5.2 is coming soon and might
    have some of the features back in it. They probably added stuff back
    from all the feedback they recieved. :)

    ----
    Nathan McNulty

    Dan Orth wrote:
    > Any idea why 4 would be better than 5? Would they remove a feature?
    >
    > Thanks-
    >
    > -Dan
    >

    > "Nathan McNulty" <nospam@msn.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>You may want to try the Version 4 software instead of 5. I'm not sure,
    >>but these might work:
    >>http://www.softwarepatch.com/utilities/intellimouse.html
    >>
    >>----
    >>Nathan McNulty
    >>

    >>Dan Orth wrote:
    >>
    >>>Sorry, about the double posts. I am using Outlook express and when I
    >>>clicked on my other one it said it was no longer on the server and had a
    >>>line through it so I thought something went wrong and posted again.
    >>>
    >>>As for the software. I am pretty sure I didn't use any third party. I
    >
    > have
    >
    >>>downloaded the Intellitype software v5 and installed that but I can't
    >
    > seem
    >
    >>>to find what I am looking for. I thought I remembered there being a
    >
    > button
    >
    >>>to click to specify based on the application.
    >>>
    >>>Thanks for your help-
    >>>
    >>>-Dan
    >>>

    >>>"Nathan McNulty" <nospam@msn.com> wrote in message

    >>>MS

    >>>configure

    > only

    > Thanks
    >
    >>>in

    Thanks for your help. I never heard of them removing so many features.
    Looks like I'll give v4 a try until 5.2... Thanks again-

    > They actually did remove a few features. Many people do not like
    > Version 5 and much prefer Version 4. I no longer use them, but I liked
    > Version 4 better too. Apparently version 5.2 is coming soon and might
    > have some of the features back in it. They probably added stuff back
    > from all the feedback they recieved. :)
    >
    > ----
    > Nathan McNulty
    >

    > Dan Orth wrote:
    > > Any idea why 4 would be better than 5? Would they remove a feature?
    > >
    > > Thanks-
    > >
    > > -Dan
    > >

    > > "Nathan McNulty" <nospam@msn.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > >>You may want to try the Version 4 software instead of 5. I'm not sure,
    > >>but these might work:
    > >>http://www.softwarepatch.com/utilities/intellimouse.html
    > >>
    > >>----
    > >>Nathan McNulty