Customize Mouse buttons for specific applications

Hi-

I am not sure if this is the right newsgroup but I just reinstalled my MS
Intellimouse Optical on my window xp pro system and I am trying to configure
the side button to simulate SHIFT in IE. It has been so long since I
installed it that I can't remember what I need to do. The software only
lets me customize the buttons to specific actions. I thought there was a
way to specify it per program. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks in
advance and I apologize if this is the wrong newsgroup.

-Dan

One post is good enough. You will need to install the IntelliType
software and configure it. Did you use a third party software or did
you just use this last time?

----
Nathan McNulty

Dan Orth wrote:
> Hi-
>
> I am not sure if this is the right newsgroup but I just reinstalled my MS
> Intellimouse Optical on my window xp pro system and I am trying to configure
> the side button to simulate SHIFT in IE. It has been so long since I
> installed it that I can't remember what I need to do. The software only
> lets me customize the buttons to specific actions. I thought there was a
> way to specify it per program. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks in
> advance and I apologize if this is the wrong newsgroup.
>
> -Dan

Sorry, about the double posts. I am using Outlook express and when I
clicked on my other one it said it was no longer on the server and had a
line through it so I thought something went wrong and posted again.

As for the software. I am pretty sure I didn't use any third party. I have
downloaded the Intellitype software v5 and installed that but I can't seem
to find what I am looking for. I thought I remembered there being a button
to click to specify based on the application.

Thanks for your help-

-Dan

"Nathan McNulty" <nospam@msn.com> wrote in message
> One post is good enough. You will need to install the IntelliType
> software and configure it. Did you use a third party software or did
> you just use this last time?
>
> ----
> Nathan McNulty
>

> Dan Orth wrote:
> > Hi-
> >
> > I am not sure if this is the right newsgroup but I just reinstalled my
MS
> > Intellimouse Optical on my window xp pro system and I am trying to
configure
> > the side button to simulate SHIFT in IE. It has been so long since I
> > installed it that I can't remember what I need to do. The software only
> > lets me customize the buttons to specific actions. I thought there was
> > way to specify it per program. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks
in
> > advance and I apologize if this is the wrong newsgroup.
> >
> > -Dan

You may want to try the Version 4 software instead of 5. I'm not sure,
but these might work:
http://www.softwarepatch.com/utilities/intellimouse.html

----
Nathan McNulty

Dan Orth wrote:
> Sorry, about the double posts. I am using Outlook express and when I
> clicked on my other one it said it was no longer on the server and had a
> line through it so I thought something went wrong and posted again.
>
> As for the software. I am pretty sure I didn't use any third party. I have
> downloaded the Intellitype software v5 and installed that but I can't seem
> to find what I am looking for. I thought I remembered there being a button
> to click to specify based on the application.
>
> Thanks for your help-
>
> -Dan
>

> "Nathan McNulty" <nospam@msn.com> wrote in message
>
>>One post is good enough. You will need to install the IntelliType
>>software and configure it. Did you use a third party software or did
>>you just use this last time?
>>
>>----
>>Nathan McNulty
>>

>>Dan Orth wrote:
>>
>>>Hi-
>>>
>>>I am not sure if this is the right newsgroup but I just reinstalled my
>
> MS
>
>>>Intellimouse Optical on my window xp pro system and I am trying to
>
> configure
>
>>>the side button to simulate SHIFT in IE. It has been so long since I
>>>installed it that I can't remember what I need to do. The software only
>>>lets me customize the buttons to specific actions. I thought there was

>>>way to specify it per program. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks
>
> in
>
>>>advance and I apologize if this is the wrong newsgroup.
>>>
>>>-Dan

Any idea why 4 would be better than 5? Would they remove a feature?

Thanks-

> You may want to try the Version 4 software instead of 5. I'm not sure,
> but these might work:
> http://www.softwarepatch.com/utilities/intellimouse.html
>
> ----
> Nathan McNulty
>

> Dan Orth wrote:
> > Sorry, about the double posts. I am using Outlook express and when I
> > clicked on my other one it said it was no longer on the server and had a
> > line through it so I thought something went wrong and posted again.
> >
> > As for the software. I am pretty sure I didn't use any third party. I
have
> > downloaded the Intellitype software v5 and installed that but I can't
seem
> > to find what I am looking for. I thought I remembered there being a
button
> > to click to specify based on the application.
> >
> > Thanks for your help-
> >
> > -Dan
> >

> > "Nathan McNulty" <nospam@msn.com> wrote in message
> >
> >>One post is good enough. You will need to install the IntelliType
> >>software and configure it. Did you use a third party software or did
> >>you just use this last time?
> >>
> >>----
> >>Nathan McNulty

> > MS

> > configure

Thanks

> > in

They actually did remove a few features. Many people do not like
Version 5 and much prefer Version 4. I no longer use them, but I liked
Version 4 better too. Apparently version 5.2 is coming soon and might
have some of the features back in it. They probably added stuff back
from all the feedback they recieved. :)

----
Nathan McNulty

Dan Orth wrote:
> Any idea why 4 would be better than 5? Would they remove a feature?
>
> Thanks-
>
> -Dan
>

> "Nathan McNulty" <nospam@msn.com> wrote in message
>
>>You may want to try the Version 4 software instead of 5. I'm not sure,
>>but these might work:
>>http://www.softwarepatch.com/utilities/intellimouse.html
>>
>>----
>>Nathan McNulty
>>

>>Dan Orth wrote:
>>
>>>Sorry, about the double posts. I am using Outlook express and when I
>>>clicked on my other one it said it was no longer on the server and had a
>>>line through it so I thought something went wrong and posted again.
>>>
>>>As for the software. I am pretty sure I didn't use any third party. I
>
> have
>
>>>downloaded the Intellitype software v5 and installed that but I can't
>
> seem
>
>>>to find what I am looking for. I thought I remembered there being a
>
> button
>
>>>to click to specify based on the application.
>>>
>>>Thanks for your help-
>>>
>>>-Dan
>>>

>>>"Nathan McNulty" <nospam@msn.com> wrote in message

>>>MS

>>>configure

> only

> Thanks
>
>>>in

Thanks for your help. I never heard of them removing so many features.
Looks like I'll give v4 a try until 5.2... Thanks again-