E: is not a valid win32 application

Wallace

Distinguished
May 17, 2004

I just formatted my computer and running windows xp pro.
Using my Sony CRX300E CD-RW/DVD-ROM combo drive. Problem
is: I can read but I can't execute off my drive.
Everytime I try to execute anything off my driver CDs, an
error pops up saying "E:\ is not a valid win32
application."

The disks work and are in good condition because I tried
out my friend's CD-RW optical drive and it loaded on the
same machine.

Can anyone please tell me how to fix this? I have run out
of ideas.

Wallace

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;321641

----