SDP stream data

I am working on windows xp(sp2) to write a server software for purpose of
communicating (i.e. file transfering) my Nokia 6600 with PC server by
Bluetooth link. After I succeed in creating a BT socket, I "bind" the socket
and start to "listen". Also, "WSASetService" is invoked here. Next, when I
attempt to send file from my 6600 to PC by BT, the error "send failed" is
always shown on 6600.
Then, I tried "WSASetService" by setting "pBlob" parameter. But I am not
clear to the SDP definition. Could anyone give me sone help to establish
theSDP stream for satisfying what I want.

Hello,

I would first recommend finding out what file transfer protocols your phone
supports. Many phones support OBEX but some phones may use their own
proprietary protocol for file transfers, and to complicate matters, some
cellular vendors may also limit file transfer functionality.

So once you have a good understanding the protocol your phone uses to
transfer files, then you may be able to use the Windows XP Bluetooth socket
interface to create a RFCOMM to send / receive data in a format that the
phone understands.

Note the Microsoft Bluetooth version that ships with Windows XP SP2 includes
OBEX file transfer support. For more information, do a search for OBEX in
Windows online help (Start / Help and Support).

Good luck!

Sandy Spinrad
Developer, Windows Core Bluetooth
------------------------------------

"zkes1000" <zkes1000@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am working on windows xp(sp2) to write a server software for purpose of
> communicating (i.e. file transfering) my Nokia 6600 with PC server by
> Bluetooth link. After I succeed in creating a BT socket, I "bind" the
> socket
> and start to "listen". Also, "WSASetService" is invoked here. Next, when I
> attempt to send file from my 6600 to PC by BT, the error "send failed" is
> always shown on 6600.
> Then, I tried "WSASetService" by setting "pBlob" parameter. But I am not
> clear to the SDP definition. Could anyone give me sone help to establish
> theSDP stream for satisfying what I want.

We have a product that implements what you are looking for. We have tested
it (sending files via OBEX from XP SP2 in C#) with Nokia 6600, Pocket PC,
and Ericsson K500i and others.

Write to me offline and I can send you a demo.

Regards

Andrew
www.mcsoft.com.au

"zkes1000" <zkes1000@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am working on windows xp(sp2) to write a server software for purpose of
> communicating (i.e. file transfering) my Nokia 6600 with PC server by
> Bluetooth link. After I succeed in creating a BT socket, I "bind" the
> socket
> and start to "listen". Also, "WSASetService" is invoked here. Next, when I
> attempt to send file from my 6600 to PC by BT, the error "send failed" is
> always shown on 6600.
> Then, I tried "WSASetService" by setting "pBlob" parameter. But I am not
> clear to the SDP definition. Could anyone give me sone help to establish
> theSDP stream for satisfying what I want.

TRENDING THREADS