sound not playing correctly

Last night there was a lightning strike and the power flickered for a second.
The computer didnt restart but just went black for a second then seemed fine.
I soon discovered however that all sounds were playing too high pitched,
almost chipmunk like. lol... I have went to device manager and checked the
audio and its drivers and it says everything is working correctly(no
explamation points). Any ideas?

Do you have your computer hooked up to a surge protector or UPS? It is
possible that you have electrical damage to your sound card. Generally
surges will destroy multiple parts of a computer and mainly the Power
Supply.

This makes me come to my next question. Are these speakers plugged into
the wall through the sub or are they just plugged directly into the
computer? Either way the power could have surged across and into the
speakers.

I would test my components with a different computer (speakers/sound
card anyways).

----
Nathan McNulty