Network Card Driver Difficulties

Axle

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2004

I had some problems with viruses on my system and when I reinstalled XP Pro
(after removing the viruses) I could not get the network card to work as it
had been.

When installing the drivers I continually receive the same error message at
the conclusion of the the installation "Device instance name is invalid", and
the device is not working properly.

I have actually purchased a newer Card to see if that would fix the problem,
but no matter which way the card is installed the same error message is
received. I have also tried using different PCI slots for the card but that
did not work.

My new network card is a DLink 538TX card.

Any ideas how to install these drivers would be a great help

I would contact D-Link Technical Support. They have excellent support
and answer emails very quickly if you choose to go that route. It
sounds more like a problem with their software anyways. You can also
try a clean install of XP and see if that helps.

Have you tried installing these drivers in Safe Mode yet? Press F8
before the Windows Logo usually shows up and enter Safe Mode and try.
May want to try it with networking support if you want to test it right
away :)

----
Nathan McNulty