AMD 3500+ & Asus A8V

Just a quick one:

When I right click on My computer and click properties, the general tab
reports that the computer is an AMD Athlon 64 3500+ and goes on to say 990
MHz, 512 MB RAM Physical Address Extension.

Does the 990 MHz refer to the speed the RAM is running at?

It's true I have 512MB RAM in there at the moment and so running in single
channel mode (which is soon to change!). Just wondering what this 990 MHz
is referring to.

Thanks

I have the same setup. Mine shows 2.42 ghz. That is the cpu speed. (Mine is
overclocked 10% in bios)

You should check your bios settings.

"BaBeL FiSh" <dcds2002@{removethis}hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Just a quick one:
>
> When I right click on My computer and click properties, the general tab
> reports that the computer is an AMD Athlon 64 3500+ and goes on to say 990
> MHz, 512 MB RAM Physical Address Extension.
>
> Does the 990 MHz refer to the speed the RAM is running at?
>
> It's true I have 512MB RAM in there at the moment and so running in single
> channel mode (which is soon to change!). Just wondering what this 990 MHz
> is referring to.
>
> Thanks

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

> Does the 990 MHz refer to the speed the RAM is running at?
>
> It's true I have 512MB RAM in there at the moment and so running in single
> channel mode (which is soon to change!). Just wondering what this 990 MHz
> is referring to.

Nope its you CPU. AMD has a feature callen CnQ Cool n Quiet. It lowers the
voltage and the speed of your CPU, cooling it, lowering the voltage
consuption and longething the life. The milisecond you need more power it
will speed up again.

You can get a dashboard at www.amd.com dl it instal it an run it. You can
see the switching pretty good.

Frank

"Frank" <schmidt@bth.de> wrote in message
>> Does the 990 MHz refer to the speed the RAM is running at?
>>
>> It's true I have 512MB RAM in there at the moment and so running in
>> single channel mode (which is soon to change!). Just wondering what this
>> 990 MHz is referring to.
>
> Nope its you CPU. AMD has a feature callen CnQ Cool n Quiet. It lowers the
> voltage and the speed of your CPU, cooling it, lowering the voltage
> consuption and longething the life. The milisecond you need more power it
> will speed up again.
>
> You can get a dashboard at www.amd.com dl it instal it an run it. You can
> see the switching pretty good.
>
> Frank

That'll be why then! I used the cool & quiet util, and it clearly shows what
it does.

Thanks for that!

I've overclocked an AMD 3500+ from 2.2GHz (default) to 2.53GHz.
(11x225) It's currently 39c, and rarely goes above 47. I used the
arctic silver ceramic thermal compound.