Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003

I just placed a 250G hard drive in my Dell. While
installing, a message came up and said that any HD over
137G needed to make an adjustment to the registry. I said
okay and the drive works excellent. The problem is that I
have no audio any longer. Not from a CD, AVI, nothing!

I assume this has to have something to to do with the
registry, but I know this is an area of limits for
novices like me.

Can anyone help???

Rick, is this 250G drive a backup and not system drive? Try reinstalling
your audio drivers. If you are
using a PCI sound card then make sure it's fully seated in the slot.
"Rick" <rgreen@stereotaxis.com> wrote in message
> I just placed a 250G hard drive in my Dell. While
> installing, a message came up and said that any HD over
> 137G needed to make an adjustment to the registry. I said
> okay and the drive works excellent. The problem is that I
> have no audio any longer. Not from a CD, AVI, nothing!
>
> I assume this has to have something to to do with the
> registry, but I know this is an area of limits for
> novices like me.
>
> Can anyone help???

It is a additional drive. It recognizes it and everything
seems to work fine except audio. I was on with Dell for
nearly 30 minutes and they had me go to their FTP site
and download the latest drivers. Unfortunately, that did
not solve the problem. I believe the sound is on the
mother board. It's seems strange that it asked about
registry and now it does not work. Any other ideas would
be very welcome.

Rick

Rick, is the Motherboard using a Via Chipset? If you don't know then
you can try this free system
inventory tool. www.belarc.com