I get this message at start up: Dells Disk montering has
detected that drive O on the primery EIDE controler is
operating outside normal spec. Replace Hard disk drive.
Can anyone advise?
Thanks

Well, it sounds like the hard disk may be failing. Run a diagnostic on
the drive (usually supplied with the computer) and make sure it is bad.
Then contact Dell if it is. If not, try a good partition/format and
Install Windows and see if the problem is still there ;)

----
Nathan McNulty