P4C 800 und SATA

Hallo,
habe folgendes Problem.

2 SATA Platten Samsung sp1614C, 160GB mit je 2 Partitionen.

Gestern hatte ich zum zweiten mal das Problem das mein Rechner nicht
neu gestartet ist, nach dem ich ihn am Vorabend runter gefahren habe.
Das erste mal war 3 Wochen her.

Im Bios sind die Platten aber einwandfrei erkannt. Nach etwas hin und
her startete der Rechner wieder. Dann habe ich mal die SATA Kabel
getauscht und siehe da, die andere Platte machte Zicken.

Kann ich jetzt davon ausgehen, das mein Board defekt ist, wie kann ich
das weiter testen.

I try in english:
my problem is: i have two SATA Drives Samsung sp1614C, 160GB.

Yesterday my Pc do not start again but in bios i can see all the
drives, I can't format c:, no install backup image etc.

Now i changed the the Drives SATA 1 to 2 and 2 to 1 and my PC start
again. Later the other Disk on the first SATA do not work.

Is my SATA on Boad defect, How can i do another tests. Thank you for
help.

Gruss Finn
--
nospam@finn-olsen.de
http://www.finn-olsen.de

Finn Olsen <nospam@finn-olsen.de> wrote:
>Hallo,
>habe folgendes Problem.
>
>2 SATA Platten Samsung sp1614C, 160GB mit je 2 Partitionen.
>
>Gestern hatte ich zum zweiten mal das Problem das mein Rechner nicht
>neu gestartet ist, nach dem ich ihn am Vorabend runter gefahren habe.
>Das erste mal war 3 Wochen her.
>
>Im Bios sind die Platten aber einwandfrei erkannt. Nach etwas hin und
>her startete der Rechner wieder. Dann habe ich mal die SATA Kabel
>getauscht und siehe da, die andere Platte machte Zicken.
>
>Kann ich jetzt davon ausgehen, das mein Board defekt ist, wie kann ich
>das weiter testen.
>

>I try in english:
>my problem is: i have two SATA Drives Samsung sp1614C, 160GB.
>
>Yesterday my Pc do not start again but in bios i can see all the
>drives, I can't format c:, no install backup image etc.
>
>Now i changed the the Drives SATA 1 to 2 and 2 to 1 and my PC start
>again. Later the other Disk on the first SATA do not work.
>
>Is my SATA on Boad defect, How can i do another tests. Thank you for
>help.
>

>Gruss Finn
>--
>nospam@finn-olsen.de
>http://www.finn-olsen.de

Are you running raid (0 or 1) or seperate drives ? You need to test the
drives for errors with scandisk to see if there's something phisically
wrong with one of them.

Nickeldome

Am 19 Feb 2005 19:02:38 -0600, Nickeldome <test@test.uk> schrieb:

>Are you running raid (0 or 1) or seperate drives ? You need to test the
>drives for errors with scandisk to see if there's something phisically
>wrong with one of them.
>
>Nickeldome

Hi,
no Raid. Only this two Drives are my Systemdrives. Scandisk and chkdsk
i have done, no errors. hmm ??

Gruss Finn
--
nospam@finn-olsen.de
http://www.finn-olsen.de

Finn Olsen <nospam@finn-olsen.de> wrote:
>Am 19 Feb 2005 19:02:38 -0600, Nickeldome <test@test.uk> schrieb:
>
>>Are you running raid (0 or 1) or seperate drives ? You need to test the
>>drives for errors with scandisk to see if there's something phisically
>>wrong with one of them.
>>
>>Nickeldome
>>

>Hi,
>no Raid. Only this two Drives are my Systemdrives. Scandisk and chkdsk
>i have done, no errors. hmm ??
>

>Gruss Finn

There a lot that could be wrong. Cables/connectors could cause problems.
Does the system hang on recognition of the harddrive(s) or after when
it tries to boot from the drive. You try to put a little bootdelay in the bios.
And try to reset your bios and reload it (the latest one).

Nickeldome

Am 20 Feb 2005 19:56:19 -0600, Nickeldome <test@test.uk> schrieb:

>Finn Olsen <nospam@finn-olsen.de> wrote:
>>Am 19 Feb 2005 19:02:38 -0600, Nickeldome <test@test.uk> schrieb:
>>
>>>Are you running raid (0 or 1) or seperate drives ? You need to test the
>>>drives for errors with scandisk to see if there's something phisically
>>>wrong with one of them.
>>>
>>>Nickeldome
>>>

>>Hi,
>>no Raid. Only this two Drives are my Systemdrives. Scandisk and chkdsk
>>i have done, no errors. hmm ??
>>

>>Gruss Finn
>
>There a lot that could be wrong. Cables/connectors could cause problems.
>Does the system hang on recognition of the harddrive(s) or after when
>it tries to boot from the drive. You try to put a little bootdelay in the bios.
>And try to reset your bios and reload it (the latest one).
>
>Nickeldome

>http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups
>----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =----

Hi,
the connectors i changed, i bought new.
The Sytsem does not boot, but i can also not install Windows new, no
backup restore .. nothing.

I see the screen with copying the Files but if the Menü come with
Format and install nothing happens.

After changing the HDD from SATA 1 to SATA2 the error goes with. now i
have Problems with the other Drive.

The Bios, hmm, i have the latest beta Version 1021, maybe i should
take the latest Final 1019. I try this. Thank you .. i don't think on
it. Maybe it is a bug.

Gruss Finn
--
nospam@finn-olsen.de
http://www.finn-olsen.de

Finn Olsen <nospam@finn-olsen.de> wrote:
>Am 20 Feb 2005 19:56:19 -0600, Nickeldome <test@test.uk> schrieb:
>
>>Finn Olsen <nospam@finn-olsen.de> wrote:

>>>Hi,
>>>no Raid. Only this two Drives are my Systemdrives. Scandisk and chkdsk
>>>i have done, no errors. hmm ??
>>>

>>>Gruss Finn
>>
>>There a lot that could be wrong. Cables/connectors could cause problems.
>>Does the system hang on recognition of the harddrive(s) or after when
>>it tries to boot from the drive. You try to put a little bootdelay in the
>>bios.
>>And try to reset your bios and reload it (the latest one).
>>
>>Nickeldome

>>News==----
>>http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+
>>Newsgroups
>>----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =----
>

>Hi,
>the connectors i changed, i bought new.
>The Sytsem does not boot, but i can also not install Windows new, no
>backup restore .. nothing.
>
>I see the screen with copying the Files but if the Menü come with
>Format and install nothing happens.
>
>After changing the HDD from SATA 1 to SATA2 the error goes with. now i
>have Problems with the other Drive.
>
>The Bios, hmm, i have the latest beta Version 1021, maybe i should
>take the latest Final 1019. I try this. Thank you .. i don't think on
>it. Maybe it is a bug.
>
>Gruss Finn
>--
>nospam@finn-olsen.de
>http://www.finn-olsen.de

Do not use beta-bios stuff, unless you are very familiar with the
problems that could happen. I've heard lots of people having
weidr problems with this bios (1021b). It might be a good idea to
flash 1019. Anyway it seems to affect the other drive as well,
so one should think there is something wrong with that
connection on the mainboard. Have you tried it from another
connection? Just disconnect the drive that is giving trouble
and try to work with the other one. But first, flash the bios
with 1019.

Nickeldome

Am 21 Feb 2005 18:50:50 -0600, Nickeldome <test@test.uk> schrieb:

>Do not use beta-bios stuff, unless you are very familiar with the
>problems that could happen. I've heard lots of people having
>weidr problems with this bios (1021b). It might be a good idea to
>flash 1019. Anyway it seems to affect the other drive as well,
>so one should think there is something wrong with that
>connection on the mainboard. Have you tried it from another
>connection? Just disconnect the drive that is giving trouble
>and try to work with the other one. But first, flash the bios
>with 1019.
>
>Nickeldome

Hi,
so i flashed back the Bios to 1019.002 Final. Now i must see if the
Problem come back.

At last it was three weeks ago. Thank you .. bye and kind regards from
Braunschweig/Germany

Gruss Finn
--
nospam@finn-olsen.de
http://www.finn-olsen.de

Finn Olsen <nospam@finn-olsen.de> wrote:
>>But first, flash the bios with 1019.
>>
>>Nickeldome
>

>Hi,
>so i flashed back the Bios to 1019.002 Final. Now i must see if the
>Problem come back.
>
>At last it was three weeks ago. Thank you .. bye and kind regards from
>Braunschweig/Germany
>
>Gruss Finn
>--

Hope it stays away :)

Nickeldome

Am 23 Feb 2005 19:23:21 -0600, Nickeldome <test@test.uk> schrieb:

>Finn Olsen <nospam@finn-olsen.de> wrote:
>>>But first, flash the bios with 1019.
>>>
>>>Nickeldome
>>

>>Hi,
>>so i flashed back the Bios to 1019.002 Final. Now i must see if the
>>Problem come back.
>>
>>At last it was three weeks ago. Thank you .. bye and kind regards from
>>Braunschweig/Germany
>>
>>Gruss Finn
>>--
>
>Hope it stays away :)
>
>Nickeldome

>http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups
>----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =----

Hallo Nickeldome,

info: The Problem was back and the Error was my Zalman Powerpack . The
Voltage for SATA was to low. I phoned with Asus Hotline and the Man
said this and i try it. After buying a new BE Quiet P5 470W my
Computer is very well now.

Gruss Finn
--
nospam@finn-olsen.de
http://www.finn-olsen.de

Finn Olsen <nospam@finn-olsen.de> wrote:

>>>Hi,
>>>so i flashed back the Bios to 1019.002 Final. Now i must see if the
>>>Problem come back.
>>>
>>>At last it was three weeks ago. Thank you .. bye and kind regards from
>>>Braunschweig/Germany
>>>
>>>Gruss Finn
>>>--
>>
>>Hope it stays away :)
>>
>>Nickeldome

>>News==----
>>http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+
>>Newsgroups
>>----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =----
>

>Hallo Nickeldome,
>
>info: The Problem was back and the Error was my Zalman Powerpack . The
>Voltage for SATA was to low. I phoned with Asus Hotline and the Man
>said this and i try it. After buying a new BE Quiet P5 470W my
>Computer is very well now.
>

>Gruss Finn
>--

Hi Gruss,

It didn't enter my mind that it could be the powersupply, altho I know
it can be. I never go cheep on powersupplies nowadays because of this.
The Zalman should be OK, but I think it had something wrong with it then.

Well, glad to hear you found it. Things like this are always very frustrating.
Take care.

Nickeldome