My modem, mouse and keyboard intermittently lose power
(no lights) and of course I cannot do anything except
manually shutdown to restart. I think my USB controller
might be the culprit but have no other information. Does
anybody else have an answer?

bar

If they are all connected to the same USB hub or port, then you have your
answer.

"Neil Ackary" wrote:

> My modem, mouse and keyboard intermittently lose power
> (no lights) and of course I cannot do anything except
> manually shutdown to restart. I think my USB controller
> might be the culprit but have no other information. Does
> anybody else have an answer?

Thank you... but how can I check that? Is it through the
device manager?

Neil Ackary wrote:
> My modem, mouse and keyboard intermittently lose power
> (no lights) and of course I cannot do anything except
> manually shutdown to restart. I think my USB controller
> might be the culprit but have no other information. Does
> anybody else have an answer?

Go to Device Manager>USB Root Hub>Properties>Power Management
Tab>Uncheck...'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.' Do
this for all root hubs listed and see if this helps.

Eddie in Colorado Springs

"Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm."