Random Restarts, also blue screen at start up from time to..

hi my pc occasionally restarts on its own but does not
display any kind of error message. Then sometimes it will
do the same thing but show a blue screen when my pc is
just about to load back up onto the desktop. I get
STOP:0X0000008E
(0XC0000005),0X80534DE3,0XF675953C,0X00000000 on the blue
screen. This is quite annoying and i am quite confused as
to why this happens. I think it might be the my nvidia
geforcefx 5200 graphics card because when i install
drivers on that(either latest or older drivers) it will
only work for bout a day or 2 before the colour
automatically changes to like 4 bit and the reso changes
to really low and i have to uninstall the drivers for it
to go back to default. I hope somebody can help me. If
you can or have got any further suggestions either to
what it could be or any sugestions to how i can overcome
this then please email me. Sukhi_b@ntlworld.com

"Sukhi" <sukhi_b@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> hi my pc occasionally restarts on its own but does not
> display any kind of error message. Then sometimes it will
> do the same thing but show a blue screen when my pc is
> just about to load back up onto the desktop. I get
> STOP:0X0000008E
> (0XC0000005),0X80534DE3,0XF675953C,0X00000000 on the blue
> screen. This is quite annoying and i am quite confused as
> to why this happens. I think it might be the my nvidia
> geforcefx 5200 graphics card because when i install
> drivers on that(either latest or older drivers) it will
> only work for bout a day or 2 before the colour
> automatically changes to like 4 bit and the reso changes
> to really low and i have to uninstall the drivers for it
> to go back to default. I hope somebody can help me. If
> you can or have got any further suggestions either to
> what it could be or any sugestions to how i can overcome
> this then please email me. Sukhi_b@ntlworld.com

You post here, you read here. Try running a memory
diagnostic: Download Memtest86+ from
http://www.memtest.org and run it for a few hours. If
your memory is healthy, you should get zero errors.

-- Bob Day
http://bobday.vze.com

Hi

See if the following link helps - left hand column:

http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User