Halo 2 has System-Link Co-op mode

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Archived from groups: alt.games.halo,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,uk.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.halo (More info?)

Will we be able to play coop through live or with 2 xbox's connected
together?
"Xenon" <xenonxbox2@xboxnext.com> wrote in message

> a major Halo 2 surprise apparently got revealed early.
>
> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v390/igotgame2/halo_coop.jpg

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,uk.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.halo (More info?)

"Xenon" <xenonxbox2@xboxnext.com> wrote in message

> a major Halo 2 surprise apparently got revealed early.
>
> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v390/igotgame2/halo_coop.jpg

Hallelujah!! I don't know why they'd keep it a secret--it's the one thing I
wanted more than anything else. They should spread the word!

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,uk.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.halo (More info?)

as expected....

http://gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=4922

Halo 2 leaked onto the Internet

Rob Fahey 10:12 14/10/2004

Bungie's new opus falls victim to net pirates as PAL version hits the warez
sites

Microsoft has launched an investigation into the leak of a version of
Bungie's forthcoming Xbox title Halo 2, which has made its way onto Internet
piracy sites and newsgroups almost a month before the title is due to
launch.

The pirate copy of the game, which is thought to have begun circulating last
night, claims to be a PAL version with French text, suggesting that it may
have been leaked during the localisation process for the hugely anticipated
game.

"Microsoft has learned that a version of Halo 2 has been posted to various
newsgroups and web sites," the company said in a statement this morning. "We
consider downloading this code or making it available for others to download
as theft."

"We are currently investigating the source of this leak with the appropriate
authorities," the statement continued. "Microsoft takes the integrity of its
intellectual property extremely seriously, and we are aggressively pursuing
the source of this illegal act."

However, perhaps mindful of the debacle last year where Valve appeared to
blame the leak of Half-Life 2 source code and materials onto the Internet
for a major delay to the game, Microsoft has also moved to reassure
customers that the game will still arrive on November 9th to 11th
worldwide - saying simply that "the launch of Halo 2 worldwide remains
unaffected."

While the leak of the game is certainly embarrassing for Microsoft, the huge
size of the file - almost three gigabytes - and the fact that it won't be
possible to play the pirate version on Xbox Live mean that it's unlikely to
seriously impact sales of Halo 2, which remains on track to become one of
the biggest-selling titles of the year.

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.halo (More info?)

On 10/14/2004 12:07 PM, Xenon spake thusly:

> as expected....

Other than the fact you're about three threads behind the times with your
cut n' paste lameness, how was this in any away "expected"? And where can I
download my pirated copy of GTA: San Andreas?

(un-crossposted to the UK group. again)

-Z-

"Zackman" <zackman@SPAMISEVILearthling.net> wrote in message
> On 10/14/2004 12:07 PM, Xenon spake thusly:
>
> > as expected....
>
> Other than the fact you're about three threads behind the times with your
> cut n' paste lameness, how was this in any away "expected"? And where can
> download my pirated copy of GTA: San Andreas?

Binary nntp?

Dr.z3n

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.halo (More info?)

"Zackman" <zackman@SPAMISEVILearthling.net> wrote in message
> On 10/14/2004 12:07 PM, Xenon spake thusly:
>
> > as expected....
>
> Other than the fact you're about three threads behind the times with your
> cut n' paste lameness, how was this in any away "expected"? And where can
> download my pirated copy of GTA: San Andreas?
>
> (un-crossposted to the UK group. again)
>
> -Z-

oh please STFU please, Zackpussy

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,uk.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.halo (More info?)

yeah i hope we'll be able to play coop live, then u wont have to have a
friend over to play. for those boring nights when u pull an all nighter,
lol. Im an occasional insomniac, lol.
"Xenon" <xenonxbox2@xboxnext.com> wrote in message

> a major Halo 2 surprise apparently got revealed early.
>
> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v390/igotgame2/halo_coop.jpg

Ryan

DeLorean wrote:

> yeah i hope we'll be able to play coop live, then u wont have to have a
> friend over to play. for those boring nights when u pull an all nighter,
> lol. Im an occasional insomniac, lol.
> "Xenon" <xenonxbox2@xboxnext.com> wrote in message
>
>>a major Halo 2 surprise apparently got revealed early.
>>
>>http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v390/igotgame2/halo_coop.jpg

*Drools at the possibilities

Adam

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,uk.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.halo (More info?)

hate to tell you guys but its still split screen. that screen shot is in the
system link menu but it reverts back to split screen. 2ndly you cant select
this option unless you have a second controller plugged in

"Adam" <adam.anderson@ozonline.com.au> wrote in message

> hate to tell you guys but its still split screen. that screen shot is in
the
> system link menu but it reverts back to split screen. 2ndly you cant
select
> this option unless you have a second controller plugged in

Hey, even if that's true, can't you let me have a few more days of wishful
thinking?

So tell me, can you play co-op over Live? If you can, but not through
System Link, then I have to buy several more copies of the game--one to go
up the ass of each person at Bungie.

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,uk.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.halo (More info?)

MY GOD WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?

"Devala Rees" <darkeagle@lisco.com> wrote in message
> MY GOD WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?

What do you mean you people? It is the same testicle licking ass wipe that
keeps re-posting.

Thoth

Distinguished
May 23, 2004
Archived from groups: alt.games.halo,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,uk.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.halo (More info?)

"Devala Rees" <darkeagle@lisco.com> wrote in message
> MY GOD WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?

Some people are what we call sociopaths. Just stay away from them, and
avoid eye contact.

On 10/25/04 8:19 AM, in article RoqdnS_9UKf2YOHcRVn-qg@comcast.com,
"Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net> wrote:

> "Devala Rees" <darkeagle@lisco.com> wrote in message
>> MY GOD WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?
>>

> What do you mean you people? It is the same testicle licking ass wipe that
> keeps re-posting.

Well, another person was supporting him.

On 10/25/04 10:37 AM, in article V49fd.18038$SW3.13142@fed1read01, "Thoth"
<thoth@notlisted.net> wrote:

> "Devala Rees" <darkeagle@lisco.com> wrote in message
>> MY GOD WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?
>
> Some people are what we call sociopaths. Just stay away from them, and
> avoid eye contact.

Either that or kill them.
lol

> On 10/25/04 8:19 AM, in article RoqdnS_9UKf2YOHcRVn-qg@comcast.com,
> "Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net> wrote:
>

> > "Devala Rees" <darkeagle@lisco.com> wrote in message
> >> MY GOD WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?
> >>

> > What do you mean you people? It is the same testicle licking ass wipe
that
> > keeps re-posting.
> >

> Well, another person was supporting him.

You mean someone else was posting this?

Master Chief gets in a covenant ship and heads for Earth.
The Arbiter teams up with some Commando's to retrieve the key (The Index)
from the Brutes.
Big fight and the Brutes activate Halo.
Then Amanda Keyes *the daughter of Captian Keyes from the first game) grabs
the key and stops the Halo fring sequence. PHEW !!
But this triggers the remaining 5 Halos dotted about the universe into
"Standy Mode" where they can be remotely detonated.
The detonator is on "The Ark".
The Ark = Earth !!
Master Chief enters Earths orbit in the Alien craft and some general asks
him what he's doing in an alien craft,
He says..."Coming to finish the job"

The end

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,uk.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.halo (More info?)

On 10/25/04 10:14 AM, in article
rL8fd.44820$i02.39164@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk, "B.Gates"
<dribble@hotmail.com> wrote:

> "Devala Rees" <darkeagle@lisco.com> wrote in message
>> On 10/25/04 8:19 AM, in article RoqdnS_9UKf2YOHcRVn-qg@comcast.com,
>> "Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net> wrote:
>>

>>> "Devala Rees" <darkeagle@lisco.com> wrote in message
>>>>

>>> What do you mean you people? It is the same testicle licking ass wipe
> that
>>> keeps re-posting.
>>>

>> Well, another person was supporting him.
>>

> You mean someone else was posting this?
>
> Master Chief gets in a covenant ship and heads for Earth.
> The Arbiter teams up with some Commando's to retrieve the key (The Index)
> from the Brutes.
> Big fight and the Brutes activate Halo.
> Then Amanda Keyes *the daughter of Captian Keyes from the first game) grabs
> the key and stops the Halo fring sequence. PHEW !!
> But this triggers the remaining 5 Halos dotted about the universe into
> "Standy Mode" where they can be remotely detonated.
> The detonator is on "The Ark".
> The Ark = Earth !!
> Master Chief enters Earths orbit in the Alien craft and some general asks
> him what he's doing in an alien craft,
> He says..."Coming to finish the job"
>
> The end

If you're trying to be funny, give up. If you're trying to be annoying, it's
not working anymore. Find a new way to make us want to inject you with
ebola.

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,uk.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.halo (More info?)

How about ignoring the posts, just as if they're spam. No response, and it
is like yelling with a bucket over his/her head. :cool:
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

> If you're trying to be funny, give up. If you're trying to be annoying,
> it's
> not working anymore. Find a new way to make us want to inject you with
> ebola.

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo, alt.games.video.xbox, microsoft.public.xbox, uk.games.video.xbox, microsoft.public.xbox.halo (More info?)

You can't play Co-Op over system link or Live guys, sorry to bust your
bubble.

The screenshot is simply showing the option to go to co-op instead of
playing system link. It's merely a convenient link.