Halo 2 has System-Link Co-op mode

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,uk.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.halo (More info?)

a major Halo 2 surprise apparently got revealed early.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v390/igotgame2/halo_coop.jpg
21 answers Last reply
More about halo system link mode
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.halo,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,uk.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.halo (More info?)

    Will we be able to play coop through live or with 2 xbox's connected
    together?
    "Xenon" <xenonxbox2@xboxnext.com> wrote in message

    > a major Halo 2 surprise apparently got revealed early.
    >
    > http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v390/igotgame2/halo_coop.jpg

  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.halo,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,uk.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.halo (More info?)

    "Xenon" <xenonxbox2@xboxnext.com> wrote in message

    > a major Halo 2 surprise apparently got revealed early.
    >
    > http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v390/igotgame2/halo_coop.jpg

    Hallelujah!! I don't know why they'd keep it a secret--it's the one thing I
    wanted more than anything else. They should spread the word!
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.halo,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,uk.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.halo (More info?)

    as expected....

    http://gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=4922

    Halo 2 leaked onto the Internet

    Rob Fahey 10:12 14/10/2004

    Bungie's new opus falls victim to net pirates as PAL version hits the warez
    sites

    Microsoft has launched an investigation into the leak of a version of
    Bungie's forthcoming Xbox title Halo 2, which has made its way onto Internet
    piracy sites and newsgroups almost a month before the title is due to
    launch.

    The pirate copy of the game, which is thought to have begun circulating last
    night, claims to be a PAL version with French text, suggesting that it may
    have been leaked during the localisation process for the hugely anticipated
    game.

    "Microsoft has learned that a version of Halo 2 has been posted to various
    newsgroups and web sites," the company said in a statement this morning. "We
    consider downloading this code or making it available for others to download
    as theft."

    "We are currently investigating the source of this leak with the appropriate
    authorities," the statement continued. "Microsoft takes the integrity of its
    intellectual property extremely seriously, and we are aggressively pursuing
    the source of this illegal act."

    However, perhaps mindful of the debacle last year where Valve appeared to
    blame the leak of Half-Life 2 source code and materials onto the Internet
    for a major delay to the game, Microsoft has also moved to reassure
    customers that the game will still arrive on November 9th to 11th
    worldwide - saying simply that "the launch of Halo 2 worldwide remains
    unaffected."

    While the leak of the game is certainly embarrassing for Microsoft, the huge
    size of the file - almost three gigabytes - and the fact that it won't be
    possible to play the pirate version on Xbox Live mean that it's unlikely to
    seriously impact sales of Halo 2, which remains on track to become one of
    the biggest-selling titles of the year.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.halo,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.halo (More info?)

    On 10/14/2004 12:07 PM, Xenon spake thusly:

    > as expected....

    Other than the fact you're about three threads behind the times with your
    cut n' paste lameness, how was this in any away "expected"? And where can I
    download my pirated copy of GTA: San Andreas?

    (un-crossposted to the UK group. again)

    -Z-
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.halo,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.halo (More info?)

    Xenon wrote:
    > a major Halo 2 surprise apparently got revealed early.
    >
    > http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v390/igotgame2/halo_coop.jpg

    OK, YES, THERE IS A GOD!!!!
    Oh, now this means I have to buy two copies of Halo2.
    So be it.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.halo,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.halo (More info?)

    "Zackman" <zackman@SPAMISEVILearthling.net> wrote in message
    > On 10/14/2004 12:07 PM, Xenon spake thusly:
    >
    > > as expected....
    >
    > Other than the fact you're about three threads behind the times with your
    > cut n' paste lameness, how was this in any away "expected"? And where can
    > download my pirated copy of GTA: San Andreas?

    Binary nntp?

    Dr.z3n
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.halo,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.halo (More info?)

    "Zackman" <zackman@SPAMISEVILearthling.net> wrote in message
    > On 10/14/2004 12:07 PM, Xenon spake thusly:
    >
    > > as expected....
    >
    > Other than the fact you're about three threads behind the times with your
    > cut n' paste lameness, how was this in any away "expected"? And where can
    > download my pirated copy of GTA: San Andreas?
    >
    > (un-crossposted to the UK group. again)
    >
    > -Z-

    oh please STFU please, Zackpussy
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.halo,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,uk.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.halo (More info?)

    yeah i hope we'll be able to play coop live, then u wont have to have a
    friend over to play. for those boring nights when u pull an all nighter,
    lol. Im an occasional insomniac, lol.
    "Xenon" <xenonxbox2@xboxnext.com> wrote in message

    > a major Halo 2 surprise apparently got revealed early.
    >
    > http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v390/igotgame2/halo_coop.jpg

  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.halo,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,uk.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.halo (More info?)

    DeLorean wrote:

    > yeah i hope we'll be able to play coop live, then u wont have to have a
    > friend over to play. for those boring nights when u pull an all nighter,
    > lol. Im an occasional insomniac, lol.
    > "Xenon" <xenonxbox2@xboxnext.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>a major Halo 2 surprise apparently got revealed early.
    >>
    >>http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v390/igotgame2/halo_coop.jpg

    *Drools at the possibilities
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.halo,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,uk.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.halo (More info?)

    hate to tell you guys but its still split screen. that screen shot is in the
    system link menu but it reverts back to split screen. 2ndly you cant select
    this option unless you have a second controller plugged in

    "Leon Dexter" <leondexterNOSPAM@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > "Xenon" <xenonxbox2@xboxnext.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > a major Halo 2 surprise apparently got revealed early.
    > >
    > > http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v390/igotgame2/halo_coop.jpg
    > >

    > Hallelujah!! I don't know why they'd keep it a secret--it's the one thing
    > wanted more than anything else. They should spread the word!

  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.halo,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,uk.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.halo (More info?)

    "Adam" <adam.anderson@ozonline.com.au> wrote in message

    > hate to tell you guys but its still split screen. that screen shot is in
    the
    > system link menu but it reverts back to split screen. 2ndly you cant
    select
    > this option unless you have a second controller plugged in

    Hey, even if that's true, can't you let me have a few more days of wishful
    thinking?

    So tell me, can you play co-op over Live? If you can, but not through
    System Link, then I have to buy several more copies of the game--one to go
    up the ass of each person at Bungie.
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.halo,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,uk.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.halo (More info?)

    MY GOD WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.halo,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,uk.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.halo (More info?)

    "Devala Rees" <darkeagle@lisco.com> wrote in message
    > MY GOD WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?

    What do you mean you people? It is the same testicle licking ass wipe that
    keeps re-posting.
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.halo,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,uk.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.halo (More info?)

    "Devala Rees" <darkeagle@lisco.com> wrote in message
    > MY GOD WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?

    Some people are what we call sociopaths. Just stay away from them, and
    avoid eye contact.
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.halo,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,uk.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.halo (More info?)

    On 10/25/04 8:19 AM, in article RoqdnS_9UKf2YOHcRVn-qg@comcast.com,
    "Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net> wrote:

    > "Devala Rees" <darkeagle@lisco.com> wrote in message
    >> MY GOD WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?
    >>

    > What do you mean you people? It is the same testicle licking ass wipe that
    > keeps re-posting.

    Well, another person was supporting him.
  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.halo,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,uk.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.halo (More info?)

    On 10/25/04 10:37 AM, in article V49fd.18038$SW3.13142@fed1read01, "Thoth"
    <thoth@notlisted.net> wrote:

    > "Devala Rees" <darkeagle@lisco.com> wrote in message
    >> MY GOD WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?
    >
    > Some people are what we call sociopaths. Just stay away from them, and
    > avoid eye contact.

    Either that or kill them.
    lol
  17. Archived from groups: alt.games.halo,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,uk.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.halo (More info?)

    > On 10/25/04 8:19 AM, in article RoqdnS_9UKf2YOHcRVn-qg@comcast.com,
    > "Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net> wrote:
    >

    > > "Devala Rees" <darkeagle@lisco.com> wrote in message
    > >> MY GOD WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?
    > >>

    > > What do you mean you people? It is the same testicle licking ass wipe
    that
    > > keeps re-posting.
    > >

    > Well, another person was supporting him.

    You mean someone else was posting this?

    Master Chief gets in a covenant ship and heads for Earth.
    The Arbiter teams up with some Commando's to retrieve the key (The Index)
    from the Brutes.
    Big fight and the Brutes activate Halo.
    Then Amanda Keyes *the daughter of Captian Keyes from the first game) grabs
    the key and stops the Halo fring sequence. PHEW !!
    But this triggers the remaining 5 Halos dotted about the universe into
    "Standy Mode" where they can be remotely detonated.
    The detonator is on "The Ark".
    The Ark = Earth !!
    Master Chief enters Earths orbit in the Alien craft and some general asks
    him what he's doing in an alien craft,
    He says..."Coming to finish the job"

    The end
  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.halo,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,uk.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.halo (More info?)

    On 10/25/04 10:14 AM, in article
    rL8fd.44820$i02.39164@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk, "B.Gates"
    <dribble@hotmail.com> wrote:

    > "Devala Rees" <darkeagle@lisco.com> wrote in message
    >> On 10/25/04 8:19 AM, in article RoqdnS_9UKf2YOHcRVn-qg@comcast.com,
    >> "Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net> wrote:
    >>

    >>> "Devala Rees" <darkeagle@lisco.com> wrote in message
    >>>>

    >>> What do you mean you people? It is the same testicle licking ass wipe
    > that
    >>> keeps re-posting.
    >>>

    >> Well, another person was supporting him.
    >>

    > You mean someone else was posting this?
    >
    > Master Chief gets in a covenant ship and heads for Earth.
    > The Arbiter teams up with some Commando's to retrieve the key (The Index)
    > from the Brutes.
    > Big fight and the Brutes activate Halo.
    > Then Amanda Keyes *the daughter of Captian Keyes from the first game) grabs
    > the key and stops the Halo fring sequence. PHEW !!
    > But this triggers the remaining 5 Halos dotted about the universe into
    > "Standy Mode" where they can be remotely detonated.
    > The detonator is on "The Ark".
    > The Ark = Earth !!
    > Master Chief enters Earths orbit in the Alien craft and some general asks
    > him what he's doing in an alien craft,
    > He says..."Coming to finish the job"
    >
    > The end

    If you're trying to be funny, give up. If you're trying to be annoying, it's
    not working anymore. Find a new way to make us want to inject you with
    ebola.
  19. Archived from groups: alt.games.halo,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,uk.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.halo (More info?)

    How about ignoring the posts, just as if they're spam. No response, and it
    is like yelling with a bucket over his/her head. 8-)
    --
    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

    > If you're trying to be funny, give up. If you're trying to be annoying,
    > it's
    > not working anymore. Find a new way to make us want to inject you with
    > ebola.

  20. Archived from groups: alt.games.halo,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,uk.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.halo (More info?)

    nope...

    http://xbox.ign.com/articles/559/559923p1.html
  21. Archived from groups: alt.games.halo, alt.games.video.xbox, microsoft.public.xbox, uk.games.video.xbox, microsoft.public.xbox.halo (More info?)

    You can't play Co-Op over system link or Live guys, sorry to bust your
    bubble.

    The screenshot is simply showing the option to go to co-op instead of
    playing system link. It's merely a convenient link.

Games Video Microsoft Xbox Video Games