I am getting this message which says "Configuration information in registry
is incomplete or damaged (Code 19), and now my CD Burner won't work. I have
tried uninstalling it and then reinstalling but it still does not work. Short
of reinstalling XP I'm not sure what else to do. Any ideas?

Hi

See if the following helps:

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=Configuration+information+in+registry+is+incomplete+or+damaged+%28Code+19%29%2C+&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&btnG=Google+Search

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"Shahzalie" <Shahzalie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0674A13B-792C-469F-B878-7C6E23A6D674@microsoft.com...
>I am getting this message which says "Configuration information in registry
> is incomplete or damaged (Code 19), and now my CD Burner won't work. I have
> tried uninstalling it and then reinstalling but it still does not work. Short
> of reinstalling XP I'm not sure what else to do. Any ideas?

Goto http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpcd.php#problems
See the second "problem" (read the caveats)
Run the provided registry patch

That should fix your problem (basically, a filter driver is missing or
non-operational, the registry patch will delete the filter drivers
references for your cdrom(s))

Basically, the reg file from above carries out the steps displayed at this
website

CD-ROM Drive or DVD-ROM Drive Missing After You Install Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;320553

CD-ROM Access Is Missing and Messages Cite Error Code 31, Code 32, Code 19,
or Code 39 After You Remove Easy CD Creator in Windows XP

(It'll fix code 41 errors too as per the contents of the last kb article)

--
Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

Find out about the MS MVP Program -