Monitor switches to 'default'

Seems that every other time Windows XP (HE) starts, it
uses the 'default monitor' driver instead of the real
driver for my Samsung 753DF. Refresh is set to 60. Once
I tell it to scan for hardware changes, it picks up the
right drivers. Can't figure out why it's doing this,
Samsung doesn't have any answers. Anyone else come across
this? And fixed it?

Thanks

Try simply removing it from Device Manager (Click Start-Run-Type
devmgmts.msc and click OK) then expand Monitors and right click and
uninstall the monitor. Now reboot and let Windows reinstall it. My Dell
2001FP and 172FP both show up as Plug and Play Monitor in the Display
Properties, but they work flawlessly and keep my settings.

----
Nathan McNulty

Mike G wrote:
> Seems that every other time Windows XP (HE) starts, it
> uses the 'default monitor' driver instead of the real
> driver for my Samsung 753DF. Refresh is set to 60. Once
> I tell it to scan for hardware changes, it picks up the
> right drivers. Can't figure out why it's doing this,
> Samsung doesn't have any answers. Anyone else come across
> this? And fixed it?
>
> Thanks

That's the first thing I did. Then, after it happened
again, I updated the monitor driver. Still happened, so I
uninstalled it and let Windows try it again. Found the
monitor, but the problem keeps happening. I've got a
Radeon 9700 Pro, anyone see this using the Radeon cards?

You could try uninstalling your monitor drivers and ATI Drivers and
clean install them both in Safe Mode. What happens if you leave it as
Default Monitor and set the settings for it and reboot? Does it keep
the values?

----
Nathan McNulty