usb problems

Recently I had to do a clean install of my operating system after problems
installing a dvd drive. The install went as usual, however, I am
experiencing some problems with usb devices. I have been running a logitech
cordless mx duo and the system will no longer recognize it. When I install
the the components after loading the logitech drivers, the system will go
through the found new hardware routine and not find the drivers--even after
I point it to the drivers. I then get an unknown device listing under usb
devices with no entries in keyboards, mice or hid devices. Also the front
panel usb inputs apear to work when I use a device like a mouse but will not
recogzize my san disk mini cruzer. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the
usb devices to no avail. The asus site does not list any usb drivers for
this board that I dicern.

I am currently running an a7n8x ver2 with a amd 2.5 processor and 1g of
crucial ram. I am also using a visioneer scanner and photosmart 1115 printer
via usb connections with no apparant problems.

Would apreciate any help on this one.

thanx in advance.

I have the A7N8X del ver2 and when I rebuild a week ago I needed to load the
specific USB drivers off the motherboard CD ....did you do that??
Also check your USB Bios setup to make sure you have them all enabled
peter
"ed jurewicz" <ejurewicz@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Recently I had to do a clean install of my operating system after problems
> installing a dvd drive. The install went as usual, however, I am
> experiencing some problems with usb devices. I have been running a
> logitech
> cordless mx duo and the system will no longer recognize it. When I install
> the the components after loading the logitech drivers, the system will go
> through the found new hardware routine and not find the drivers--even
> after
> I point it to the drivers. I then get an unknown device listing under usb
> devices with no entries in keyboards, mice or hid devices. Also the front
> panel usb inputs apear to work when I use a device like a mouse but will
> not
> recogzize my san disk mini cruzer. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling
> the
> usb devices to no avail. The asus site does not list any usb drivers for
> this board that I dicern.
>
> I am currently running an a7n8x ver2 with a amd 2.5 processor and 1g of
> crucial ram. I am also using a visioneer scanner and photosmart 1115
> printer
> via usb connections with no apparant problems.
>
> Would apreciate any help on this one.
>
> thanx in advance.

DaveL

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2001

Did you apply a service pack to WindowsXP? You need at least SP1 for USB
2.0 support.

DaveL

"ed jurewicz" <ejurewicz@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Recently I had to do a clean install of my operating system after problems
> installing a dvd drive. The install went as usual, however, I am
> experiencing some problems with usb devices. I have been running a
> logitech
> cordless mx duo and the system will no longer recognize it. When I install
> the the components after loading the logitech drivers, the system will go
> through the found new hardware routine and not find the drivers--even
> after
> I point it to the drivers. I then get an unknown device listing under usb
> devices with no entries in keyboards, mice or hid devices. Also the front
> panel usb inputs apear to work when I use a device like a mouse but will
> not
> recogzize my san disk mini cruzer. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling
> the
> usb devices to no avail. The asus site does not list any usb drivers for
> this board that I dicern.
>
> I am currently running an a7n8x ver2 with a amd 2.5 processor and 1g of
> crucial ram. I am also using a visioneer scanner and photosmart 1115
> printer
> via usb connections with no apparant problems.
>
> Would apreciate any help on this one.
>
> thanx in advance.

I am running win2k. I understand that win2k with service pack 4 has native
support for usb 2.0.

thanx
"DaveL" <dave1027@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Did you apply a service pack to WindowsXP? You need at least SP1 for USB
> 2.0 support.
>
> DaveL
>

> "ed jurewicz" <ejurewicz@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > Recently I had to do a clean install of my operating system after
problems
> > installing a dvd drive. The install went as usual, however, I am
> > experiencing some problems with usb devices. I have been running a
> > logitech
> > cordless mx duo and the system will no longer recognize it. When I
install
> > the the components after loading the logitech drivers, the system will
go
> > through the found new hardware routine and not find the drivers--even
> > after
> > I point it to the drivers. I then get an unknown device listing under
usb
> > devices with no entries in keyboards, mice or hid devices. Also the
front
> > panel usb inputs apear to work when I use a device like a mouse but will
> > not
> > recogzize my san disk mini cruzer. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling
> > the
> > usb devices to no avail. The asus site does not list any usb drivers for
> > this board that I dicern.
> >
> > I am currently running an a7n8x ver2 with a amd 2.5 processor and 1g of
> > crucial ram. I am also using a visioneer scanner and photosmart 1115
> > printer
> > via usb connections with no apparant problems.
> >
> > Would apreciate any help on this one.
> >
> > thanx in advance.

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

Check the BIOS. USB should be set to 'High Speed' and not 'Full Speed'

"ed jurewicz" <ejurewicz@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Recently I had to do a clean install of my operating system after problems
> installing a dvd drive. The install went as usual, however, I am
> experiencing some problems with usb devices. I have been running a
> logitech
> cordless mx duo and the system will no longer recognize it. When I install
> the the components after loading the logitech drivers, the system will go
> through the found new hardware routine and not find the drivers--even
> after
> I point it to the drivers. I then get an unknown device listing under usb
> devices with no entries in keyboards, mice or hid devices. Also the front
> panel usb inputs apear to work when I use a device like a mouse but will
> not
> recogzize my san disk mini cruzer. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling
> the
> usb devices to no avail. The asus site does not list any usb drivers for
> this board that I dicern.
>
> I am currently running an a7n8x ver2 with a amd 2.5 processor and 1g of
> crucial ram. I am also using a visioneer scanner and photosmart 1115
> printer
> via usb connections with no apparant problems.
>
> Would apreciate any help on this one.
>
> thanx in advance.

Under advanced menu in the intergrated peripherals section I have three
& 2.0 option.

BTW I am running the 1008 bios.

Thanx for your assistance.