Mouse cursor moves on its own

Hello,

I have a very basic MS mouse and having an odd problem with it. The mouse
cursor randomly decides to move on its own. It only moves from right to
left or left to right and will not stop until you either move the mouse or
it hits the end of the screen. Sometimes it's a smooth movement while other
times it sort of jutters (but in a perfect horizontal line).

What is causing this?

Kol
e. kolngNOSPMAPLEASE@tregaskes.co.uk
w. http://www.e-lusion.co.uk/
-----------

Dish of the Day: Good evening, madame and gentlemen. I am the main dish of
the day. May I interest you in parts of my body?
2 answers Last reply
More about mouse cursor moves

    First, is this a ball or optical? Some cheap opticals do this, but
    usually not in a perfect line like that. I would suggest downloading
    and installing the latest drivers for it from here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/Download.mspx

    ----
    Nathan McNulty

    Kolin Tregaskes wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have a very basic MS mouse and having an odd problem with it. The mouse
    > cursor randomly decides to move on its own. It only moves from right to
    > left or left to right and will not stop until you either move the mouse or
    > it hits the end of the screen. Sometimes it's a smooth movement while other
    > times it sort of jutters (but in a perfect horizontal line).
    >
    > What is causing this?
    >
    > Kol
    > e. kolngNOSPMAPLEASE@tregaskes.co.uk
    > w. http://www.e-lusion.co.uk/
    > -----------
    >
    > Dish of the Day: Good evening, madame and gentlemen. I am the main dish of
    > the day. May I interest you in parts of my body?

    I'll give the drivers a go, but it's a ball mouse not optical.

    Kol

    "Nathan McNulty" <nospam@msn.com> wrote in message
    > First, is this a ball or optical? Some cheap opticals do this, but
    > usually not in a perfect line like that. I would suggest downloading
    > and installing the latest drivers for it from here:
    > http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/Download.mspx
    >
    > ----
    > Nathan McNulty
    >

    > Kolin Tregaskes wrote:
    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > I have a very basic MS mouse and having an odd problem with it. The
    mouse
    > > cursor randomly decides to move on its own. It only moves from right to
    > > left or left to right and will not stop until you either move the mouse
    or
    > > it hits the end of the screen. Sometimes it's a smooth movement while
    other
    > > times it sort of jutters (but in a perfect horizontal line).
    > >
    > > What is causing this?
    > >
    > > Kol
    > > e. kolngNOSPMAPLEASE@tregaskes.co.uk
    > > w. http://www.e-lusion.co.uk/
    > >
    > > Dish of the Day: Good evening, madame and gentlemen. I am the main dish
    of
    > > the day. May I interest you in parts of my body?

Cursor Mice Windows XP