Speedfan question

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
February 21, 2005 12:29:35 PM

Hi, I have an asus a7v400-mx with 512mb 333ddr ram, sempron 2400+ (1667
@ 166fsb). I just noticed after upgrading speedfan to v4.21 that there
are two different cpu temp readings. The winbond temp is 47C and the
acpi temp is 52C. I've always seen the lower of the two being more
common with asus probe, earlier versions of speedfan, and mbm. No the
question is, what is the difference? Different sensor locations? Also,
which one do I trust?

As far as the system goes, there is no stability problems, and my system
temp stays where it has always been at 27C... Just finding it strange
that all of a sudden another reading pops up.

TIA.

More about : speedfan question

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
February 21, 2005 8:26:02 PM

"Chachi" <nospam@this.addy> wrote in message
> Hi, I have an asus a7v400-mx with 512mb 333ddr ram, sempron 2400+ (1667
> @ 166fsb). I just noticed after upgrading speedfan to v4.21 that there
> are two different cpu temp readings. The winbond temp is 47C and the
> acpi temp is 52C. I've always seen the lower of the two being more
> common with asus probe, earlier versions of speedfan, and mbm. No the
> question is, what is the difference? Different sensor locations? Also,
> which one do I trust?
>
> As far as the system goes, there is no stability problems, and my system
> temp stays where it has always been at 27C... Just finding it strange
> that all of a sudden another reading pops up.

One temp will be CPU "socket temp.", the other will be CPU "diode
temp." The diode temp. will go up and down a lot quicker than the
socket temp., and should be a few degrees (3 or 4 in my case) higher
than the reported socket temp.
I get both in MBM, after configuring it properly for my mobo revision.
HTH
--
Rob
!