James

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I just installed Intel D865GBF MB and Celeron 2.4
processor. PC now comes to safe mode, etc screen. No
matter which selection I pick the PC reboots and comes to
this screen. I try to boot off of XP Home upgrade CD and
try the recovery console. I just get to C:\windows. How do

I run recovery or do I need to reinstall old MB then
delete device drivers and reinstall new MB. Thanks for any
help

bar

Repair Install to SET XP to New Motherboard
1.Do Not BOOT into Windows XP on first boot after Motherboard or Hard Drive
change! If booting from CD is not an option, return to BIOS and make sure
booting from CD is the first boot option.
2.If your computer does not support booting from the CD, check your OEM or
Motherboard makers web site for updated BIOS.
3.Perform a Repair Install by following the step by step below.
When you see the "Welcome To Setup" screen, you will see the options below
This portion of the Setup program prepares Microsoft
Windows XP to run on your computer:

To setup Windows XP now, press ENTER.

To repair a Windows XP installation using Recovery Console, press R.

To quit Setup without installing Windows XP, press F3.
Press Enter to start the Windows Setup.
Accept the License Agreement and Windows will search for existing Windows
installations.
Select the XP installation you want to repair from the list and press R to
start the repair.