Hard Disk Drives Problem..

Al

ok... here's the problem i've encountered...

I was using WinME system .... which i have 2 HDD
connected... 1st HDD as C: , 2nd HDD(partitioned) D: E: .
(using MaxBlast3[maxtor program], if its of any
informational use) and installed WinXP...

When i installed it, my BIOS is able to detect my 2nd HD
as D: , but when i tried to explore it... it says
its "not formatted".

i removed the HDD, and fixed it onto my 2nd CPU(WinME OS)
boot the CPU up... ok... D: is readable... but E: is
gone... unable to be found. Is there a way to recover my
E: or "Merge" the 2 drives together as D: so I can burn
everything into a CD b4 i format it in my WinXP OS?

I am a bit confused after reading your post a couple times, but I'll see
what I can do. First off, I would like to mention that Windows ME can
NOT read NTFS drives natively. Windows XP can be installed on either,
but generally uses NTFS as default. This may be why you can't see or
access the partition containing XP. Try this to make ME see the NTFS
drive if that is the case:
http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/ntfswin98.shtml

I think you are saying the second HD is recognized by the BIOS, but in
Windows, it says D:\ is not formatted? Do you have data on this
partition or did you ever format it? Finally, what does E:\ do in the
other Windows? Same thing?

----
Nathan McNulty

Al wrote:
> ok... here's the problem i've encountered...
>
> I was using WinME system .... which i have 2 HDD
> connected... 1st HDD as C: , 2nd HDD(partitioned) D: E: .
> (using MaxBlast3[maxtor program], if its of any
> informational use) and installed WinXP...
>
> When i installed it, my BIOS is able to detect my 2nd HD
> as D: , but when i tried to explore it... it says
> its "not formatted".
>
> i removed the HDD, and fixed it onto my 2nd CPU(WinME OS)
> boot the CPU up... ok... D: is readable... but E: is
> gone... unable to be found. Is there a way to recover my
> E: or "Merge" the 2 drives together as D: so I can burn
> everything into a CD b4 i format it in my WinXP OS?

TRENDING THREADS