P5P800 and S-ATA drivers

I just bought this motherboard and I'm going through the motherboard
CD for the S-ATA drivers but I can't find any there!!

Can I install WinXP without the drivers? Will it recognise the S-ATA
drives or where else can I find the controller drivers?
3 answers Last reply
More about p5p800 drivers

    So I guess nobody knows hey?

    "master" <mr_ylo@hotmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
    >I just bought this motherboard and I'm going through the motherboard
    > CD for the S-ATA drivers but I can't find any there!!
    >
    > Can I install WinXP without the drivers? Will it recognise the S-ATA
    > drives or where else can I find the controller drivers?

    Look for a file calle makedisk.exe. This will create a floppy with the SATA
    drivers on it. On my A7V880 disk it is in the drivers\viaraid\driverdisk
    directory. Or you can just copy all of the files in the DriverDisk directory
    to a floppy (leave directory structure intact)
    You need txtsetup.oem also, so just copy them all to a floppy.

    Hit F6 at the very beginning of the XP install (look for message at the
    bottom of the screen).

    Well, after doing some research, I finally figured out that the P5P800
    with the ICH5 chipset doesn't need drivers for S-ATA. Windows XP has
    the drivers built in! So just install like it's an IDE drive.

Asus Drivers CD-Rom Motherboards Controller