P5P800 and S-ATA drivers

master

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2004

I just bought this motherboard and I'm going through the motherboard
CD for the S-ATA drivers but I can't find any there!!

Can I install WinXP without the drivers? Will it recognise the S-ATA
drives or where else can I find the controller drivers?

"master" <mr_ylo@hotmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
>I just bought this motherboard and I'm going through the motherboard
> CD for the S-ATA drivers but I can't find any there!!
>
> Can I install WinXP without the drivers? Will it recognise the S-ATA
> drives or where else can I find the controller drivers?

Look for a file calle makedisk.exe. This will create a floppy with the SATA
drivers on it. On my A7V880 disk it is in the drivers\viaraid\driverdisk
directory. Or you can just copy all of the files in the DriverDisk directory
to a floppy (leave directory structure intact)
You need txtsetup.oem also, so just copy them all to a floppy.

Hit F6 at the very beginning of the XP install (look for message at the
bottom of the screen).

master

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2004

Well, after doing some research, I finally figured out that the P5P800
with the ICH5 chipset doesn't need drivers for S-ATA. Windows XP has
the drivers built in! So just install like it's an IDE drive.