Sign in with
Your question

How do I change music folder size?

Last response: in Windows 7
January 26, 2011 8:30:05 AM

Hello,am copying my music files to my hubbie's laptop. Win 7 Music folder keeps saying not enough room to copy all music across. Seems to be set at 15 gb size. Is it possible to enlarge the folder to say 50gb?
a c 572 D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
January 26, 2011 8:47:51 AM

Hello brushwood;
How are you copying the files to the laptop? Network? DVD drive? USB thumb drive?
A 'folder' isn't limited by size. Can be 1GB or 100GB, the folder doesn't care.
It's not going to be about folder size - it's going to be about available space on the storage media. HDD, DVD disc, USB flash driver, etc.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 26, 2011 11:43:04 AM

Yeah, How much free space is available on your husband's laptop?
m
l
Related resources
February 2, 2011 3:35:23 AM

WR2 said:
Hello brushwood;
How are you copying the files to the laptop? Network? DVD drive? USB thumb drive?
A 'folder' isn't limited by size. Can be 1GB or 100GB, the folder doesn't care.
It's not going to be about folder size - it's going to be about available space on the storage media. HDD, DVD disc, USB flash driver, etc.

I am copying from a 2tb samsung portable hard drive to a 64bit win 7 ultimate HP laptop with 320gb hard drive. Trying to put it in the ready made music folder for him as he is not very computer minded. Thanks for assistance.
m
l
February 2, 2011 3:37:29 AM

Also forgot to say music files I am trying to copy across, file size is 22gb and computer has plenty of room as only has new reformat with win 7 ultimate on it.
m
l
February 7, 2013 4:49:36 PM

As someone posted above there is no limit for your folders. Most likely you do not have enough space or a file in the target location is a duplicate and is in use and can not be overwritten.

Firs check if you have enough space using this free Folder Size tool:

Then you can free up some space by removing duplicate mp3 files:

Good luck.
m
l
!