P4S800D and Linux

I have a computer with the ASUS P4S800D motherboard where I installed
SuSe Linux 9.1
When it had Windows, everything was alright when copying files in the
intranet. After installing Linux the speeds dropped to +-50KB/s which is
too low for a 100mbit Lan.
Anyone getting this kind of problems with this motherboard? SuSe
installed the card using the Sis900 driver.

Thanks.
--
Luis Fernando Martins,
Gueifaes, Portugal

"Luis Fernando Martins" <lfmartins@mail.telepac.pt> wrote in message
> I have a computer with the ASUS P4S800D motherboard where I installed
> SuSe Linux 9.1
> When it had Windows, everything was alright when copying files in the
> intranet. After installing Linux the speeds dropped to +-50KB/s which is
> too low for a 100mbit Lan.
> Anyone getting this kind of problems with this motherboard? SuSe
> installed the card using the Sis900 driver.

When running http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/ (running from CD/RAM, don't
have any Linux installed on my HDD) the Marvell network adapter on my
P4S800D-E Deluxe was recognized and configured automatically. Did some
Internet downloads but did not notice any degradation of throughput compared
to WinXP which I'm normally running.

TRENDING THREADS