On Board Video

Carl

Hi All
If i have onboard video on my pc, (XP PRO) and i want to install a video
card,whats the proper way to go about this?
Do i install the video card and drivers,then reboot and turn off the onboard
video in bios?
Thanks
--
Carl

Turn off the PC. Install the new graphics card. Connect the monitor to the
new card.

On startup, go into the BIOS. Disable the onboard graphics.

Exit the BIOS, saving the settings..... let XP startup, it should find the
new card and install drivers... .then go to the website of the new graphics
card manufacturer, download and install the latest drivers..... after
install, it will ask you to reboot.
--
Cari
www.coribright.com

"Carl" <cgerving@ecenetDOTcom> wrote in message

> Hi All
> If i have onboard video on my pc, (XP PRO) and i want to install a video
> card,whats the proper way to go about this?
> Do i install the video card and drivers,then reboot and turn off the
> onboard
> video in bios?
> Thanks
> --
> Carl

Adding a Graphics Card
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=%2fdirectory%2fworldwide%2fen-gb%2fgraphicscard.asp

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP - Shell/User

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"Carl" wrote:

| Hi All
| If i have onboard video on my pc, (XP PRO) and i want to install a video
| card,whats the proper way to go about this?
| Do i install the video card and drivers,then reboot and turn off the onboard
| video in bios?
| Thanks
| --
| Carl

Carl

Thanks a million guys, i will give that a try.
It is on my sons pc so it will be a few days till i get to it.
thanks again. Ill let yall know how it goes.
--
Carl