laptop not recognize DVD-rom

jay

I installed the Roxio cd recording software, which is not compatible with WIn
xp. so I deleted it. but now the laptop doesn't want to recognize the dvd-rom
no more. The dvd-rom comes with the laptop, not installed after. The toshiba
website says no driver availabe for winxp, because xp suppose to recognize it
right away. but I reboot several times. no luck. it can find the dvd-rom. but
is not working.
what can I do, please help

If you had v5 of Roxio, it IS compatible with XP PROVIDED you get the
updates from the Roxio website. v6 and v7 are both compatible.

However since you've uninstalled it, see Alex Nichol's magic fix for the
disappearing optical drive at
http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpcd.php#problems
--
Cari