CD/DVD drivers missing or corrupt

astro

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2004

I have presario 5330us w/xp home.
My cd burning had been acting up recently.
Now the system doesen't list either CDR or DVD drive.
Device Mgr. says "missing or corrupt driver".
I removed and installed with same nessage.
I took drivers out of windows>system32>drivers and the
system reloaded them there with same message.
I checked for viruses, Norton on Tue, Thur, and McAfee On
M, W, F.
I can't remove "Roxio" either, it asks for files on the
disk.

Did you remove the drives in Device Manager and reboot or did you remove
them and reinstall them right then and there? The drivers used for
these optical drives should be included with XP and should not require
any kind of installation. What drivers did you say you deleted? Where
did you delete them from? Most system files are protected and will be
replaced upon deletion from the dllcache folder.

----
Nathan McNulty