Jason

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2003

Installed XP on computer, now sound doesn't work. SiS
7012 integrated audio. Have tried every driver update on
the internet that I could find. and every one of them
ends up with the same error message.
"Cannot install this hardware.
There was a problem installing this hardware:
? Multimedia Audio Controller
An error occurred during the installation of this device
The name is already in use as either a service name or a
service display name.
Click finish to close this wizard."

The pc was running win 2000 professional with no audio
problems before.

Visit the support website of the manufacturer of your computer
or motherboard, search for Windows XP compatible audio drivers,
download and install them.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"Jason" wrote:

| Installed XP on computer, now sound doesn't work. SiS
| 7012 integrated audio. Have tried every driver update on
| the internet that I could find. and every one of them
| ends up with the same error message.
| "Cannot install this hardware.
| There was a problem installing this hardware:
| ? Multimedia Audio Controller
| An error occurred during the installation of this device
| The name is already in use as either a service name or a
| service display name.
| Click finish to close this wizard."
|
| The pc was running win 2000 professional with no audio
| problems before.

Visit this site
http://download.sis.com/download_step1.php?act=Search&mode=2&category=3&subcategory=82&os=4&x=16&y=11
(be aware of word wrap) and find the chipset listed. Download the driver,
unzip it and install it. Be sure to uninstall the older driver from 2000
first.