Projection panel set up? in XP prof

I have been given a lovely Dukane Magniview projection panel - looks unused
and want to set it up on my nice new Gateway laptop running XP prof.
Just plugging it in did not work.
I know I am supposed to set the display to 640x480. It want a VGA output
from my laptop. I do believe that it is in the right plug - the only one
that fits. But I don't know how to add this hardware manually since it did
not load itself.
I don't mind going to get drivers, but I am not sure how to add it - what
port and all that.
Once it is loaded, I imagine it will show up on the Control panel & I can
control the display as a monitor.
Is there any trick to running it in addition to the laptop's built-in
monitor? Do I need to use the multimonitor business?

Thank you,

Debi from beautiful NH wrote:
> I have been given a lovely Dukane Magniview projection panel - looks
> unused and want to set it up on my nice new Gateway laptop running XP
> prof.
> Just plugging it in did not work.
> I know I am supposed to set the display to 640x480. It want a VGA
> output from my laptop. I do believe that it is in the right plug -
> the only one that fits. But I don't know how to add this hardware
> manually since it did not load itself.
> I don't mind going to get drivers, but I am not sure how to add it -
> what port and all that.
> Once it is loaded, I imagine it will show up on the Control panel & I
> can control the display as a monitor.
> Is there any trick to running it in addition to the laptop's built-in
> monitor? Do I need to use the multimonitor business?
>
> Thank you,

Here are a couple of ideas for you: - RTFM and STFW.
lose his marbles?

Read the manual?

I don't know what resolution that panel takes, but simply plugging it in is
not enough, you have to tell the computer somehow that you have an external
display. Often (on laptops) a Fn+F7 (or was it Fn+F8) key combination....

--
Tumppi
Reply to group

"Debi from beautiful NH" <Debi from beautiful NH @discussions.microsoft.com>