IPAQ H5555 vs a Treo Sprint 600

June 24, 2004 12:46:04 AM

I am thinking about getting a H5555 but I love my Treo Sprint 600 as a
phone. Can I get a SD card to turn my H5555 into a sprint phone??

can someone please let me know
Anonymous
June 24, 2004 12:46:05 AM

I personally have not seen nor heard of any SD card that
offers GSM/GPRS functionality on any type of PPC, even for
the h55xx model you mention there is a fitting sleeve that
boasts this functionality, but it is no longer supported
under the Windows Mobile 2003 operating system, so the
sleeve would be useless anyway.. You could stick to your
Treo, or you could hang out for the h6000 series.. it's
the successor of the h5xxx, with full GSM/GPRS integrated.

~S.

<sales@1magicshop.com> wrote in news:g_lCc.224394$WA4.187550
@twister.nyc.rr.com:

--
======================
ACE!!! a.k.a. ~S.

This brings up a question Ive had concerning the 6300. Doesn't it use the
Phone edition OS? If so doesn't that mean no touchscreen?

Mitch

"ACE!!!" <ace_rules_bbs@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I personally have not seen nor heard of any SD card that
> offers GSM/GPRS functionality on any type of PPC, even for
> the h55xx model you mention there is a fitting sleeve that
> boasts this functionality, but it is no longer supported
> under the Windows Mobile 2003 operating system, so the
> sleeve would be useless anyway.. You could stick to your
> Treo, or you could hang out for the h6000 series.. it's
> the successor of the h5xxx, with full GSM/GPRS integrated.
>

> ~S.
>

> <sales@1magicshop.com> wrote in news:g_lCc.224394$WA4.187550
> @twister.nyc.rr.com:
>
> > I am thinking about getting a H5555 but I love my Treo Sprint 600 as a
> > phone. Can I get a SD card to turn my H5555 into a sprint phone??
> >
> > can someone please let me know
> >

> --
> ======================
> ACE!!! a.k.a. ~S.
> OS. Osaris / Psion 5mx
> iPAQ 5550 / Nokia 6310
> HTTP://www.xarane.com
> ======================

June 24, 2004 1:07:40 AM

Looking at the size of the unit, i'd say it would be a big
waste if they *didn't* put in a touchscreen.. but I might
be mistaking. i've seen a few pictures of the new device;
one without the thumbpad, and one with..

~S.

--
======================
ACE!!! a.k.a. ~S.

I was looking for a phone option as well, my final solution was to continue to split the two and use a Bluetooth camera phone (currently waiting for the imminent Motorola v710 to be released). The Bluetooth lets you connect wirelessly which is almost as good as a single device and you get a camera for the cost of carrying a second device.

nntp://news.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.pocketpc/<g_lCc.224394$WA4.187550@twister.nyc.rr.com>

I am thinking about getting a H5555 but I love my Treo Sprint 600 as a
phone. Can I get a SD card to turn my H5555 into a sprint phone??

can someone please let me know

[microsoft.public.pocketpc]
Anonymous
June 24, 2004 8:26:27 AM

See one post up, same subject answered yesterday.

~S.

--
======================
ACE!!! a.k.a. ~S.

Pocket PC Phone Edition means Pocket PC extended with phone and SMS
features, so of course there's the touchscreen etc. You're maybe confusing
it with MS Smartphone which has a totally different user interface. Going
to www.microsoft.com and the Windows Mobile section will explain these
basics.

--
Tero Lehto
http://lehto.net/tero/

No there's no sd phone card available.

rights...

"Brian H" <brianh4321@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I was looking for a phone option as well, my final solution was to
> continue to split the two and use a Bluetooth camera phone (currently
> waiting for the imminent Motorola v710 to be released). The Bluetooth lets
> you connect wirelessly which is almost as good as a single device and you
> get a camera for the cost of carrying a second device.
>

> nntp://news.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.pocketpc/<g_lCc.224394$WA4.187550@twister.nyc.rr.com>
>
> I am thinking about getting a H5555 but I love my Treo Sprint 600 as a
> phone. Can I get a SD card to turn my H5555 into a sprint phone??
>
> can someone please let me know
>

> [microsoft.public.pocketpc]

Anonymous
June 24, 2004 12:31:33 PM

I was replying to the original post, somehow the Re got lost.

!