Win 98SE System Configuration Utility

System Configuration Utility not operating. Any
suggestions on how to fix? thx. Ed
3 answers Last reply
More about 98se system configuration utility

    Make a shortcut with Target: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSCONFIG.EXE

    Normally a shortcut can be found in the TOOLS menu of System Information
    like below:

    REGEDIT4

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSInfo\Tools\SysEdit]
    @="System Configuration Utility"
    "command"="C:\\WINDOWS\\SYSTEM\\msconfig.exe"
    "cabcommand"="C:\\WINDOWS\\SYSTEM\\msconfig.exe"
    "cabparameters"="%2"
    "description"="Runs Windows system configuration utility"

    If you are going to use MSCONFIG to cause certain programs not to be
    loaded at startup then better use "Startup Control Panel"
    http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml
    See also: http://www2.whidbey.com/djdenham/Uncheck.htm

    Ed wrote:
    > System Configuration Utility not operating. Any
    > suggestions on how to fix? thx. Ed

    Tried the suggested shortcut and did not work. Searched
    for msconfig.exe and not found in my system. Is there a
    way to recover it from the WIN 98 CD? Thx.

    Just extracted a copy using Win98SE System Tool SFC (System File Checker).
    But the extracted one is 4 months older and has an older version number
    compared to the one present in Win98SE folder \Windows\System and is
    also 10KB bigger.

    Ed wrote:
    > Tried the suggested shortcut and did not work. Searched
    > for msconfig.exe and not found in my system. Is there a
    > way to recover it from the WIN 98 CD? Thx.

Wireless Networking Configuration Microsoft Wireless Networking