I installed Windows XP on my computer. I have a Umax Astra 2200 usb scanner.
When I connected it to the computer it installs and says it is working
properly. But when I try to scan the Wizard works, but the scanner will not
scan. I would like to keep using this scanner. Can some one help me with this
problem. The scanner worked great with 98SE. Thanks

I would almost think that it would be a driver issue. I would go to the
manufacturers site and see if there are any update or other software you
could use.

"h-yates" wrote:

> I installed Windows XP on my computer. I have a Umax Astra 2200 usb scanner.
> When I connected it to the computer it installs and says it is working
> properly. But when I try to scan the Wizard works, but the scanner will not
> scan. I would like to keep using this scanner. Can some one help me with this
> problem. The scanner worked great with 98SE. Thanks

Carl

Need to download XP drivers for it.

--
Carl
"h-yates" <h-yates@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I installed Windows XP on my computer. I have a Umax Astra 2200 usb
scanner.
> When I connected it to the computer it installs and says it is working
> properly. But when I try to scan the Wizard works, but the scanner will
not
> scan. I would like to keep using this scanner. Can some one help me with
this
> problem. The scanner worked great with 98SE. Thanks

Have you acquired xp drivers for it...?

"h-yates" <h-yates@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I installed Windows XP on my computer. I have a Umax Astra 2200 usb
scanner.
> When I connected it to the computer it installs and says it is working
> properly. But when I try to scan the Wizard works, but the scanner will
not
> scan. I would like to keep using this scanner. Can some one help me with
this
> problem. The scanner worked great with 98SE. Thanks

LOL, when you get three different poeple asking if you installed the
drivers, that makes a pretty solid answer :)

Do note that there is a KB Article just for this device:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q315925

It basically tells you to go here and install the latest updates which
happens to be a simple patch for XP. The drivers/software cannot be
downloaded and must be installed on XP. Then install this update:
ftp://ftp.umax.com/scanners/vistascan/version3.55/winXP/2xxx_XP_upd.exe

----
Nathan McNulty

Nick Burns wrote:
> Have you acquired xp drivers for it...?
>
> "h-yates" <h-yates@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
>>I installed Windows XP on my computer. I have a Umax Astra 2200 usb
>
> scanner.
>
>>When I connected it to the computer it installs and says it is working
>>properly. But when I try to scan the Wizard works, but the scanner will
>
> not
>
>>scan. I would like to keep using this scanner. Can some one help me with
>
> this
>
>>problem. The scanner worked great with 98SE. Thanks

TRENDING THREADS