P5AD2 Premium STANDBY problem

ok... Thank you very much Paul...

I'll give it a try and post back the results...

Just to antecipate... I've already performed more than 10 new ( clean )
Windows installations... but the problem was still the same !!! It seems
the OS is not recognizing the motherboard ACPI management feature (
don't have a clue why... ) ... On all of those installation processes
I tried ( in each time ) BIOS default parameters, POWER MENU Suspend
Mode [S1 (pos) only], POWER MENU Suspend Mode [S3 only], POWER MENU
ACPI 2.0 Support [Yes], POWER MENU ACPI 2.0 Support [No], etc.

... anyway...

Juts to let you know... At this very moment, I have the following
"dumppo" power capabilities information:

power capabilities
System power capabilties
Power Button Present....: TRUE
Sleep Button Present....: FALSE
Lid Present.............: FALSE
System states supported.: S5
Hiber file reserved.....: FALSE
Thermal control.........: FALSE
CPU Throttle control....: FALSE
Processor min throttle..: 100
Processor trottle scale.: 100 (1%)
Some disk will spindown.: TRUE
System batteries present: FALSE
System batteries scale..: (G:0 C:0) (G:0 C:0) (G:0 C:0)
Ac on line wake ability.: Unspecified
Lid wake ability........: Unspecified
RTC wake ability........: S4 - hibernate
Min device wake.........: Unspecified
Default low latency wake: Unspecified

...ok... Now I'll go through the suggested steps and hope to achieve
the "so wanted" result.

Thanks again...

Geferson

--
Geferson Kowalsky
1 answer Last reply

    In article <Geferson.Kowalsky.1l1jvn@news.computerbanter.com>, Geferson
    Kowalsky <Geferson.Kowalsky.1l1jvn@news.computerbanter.com> wrote:

    > ok... Thank you very much Paul...
    >
    > I'll give it a try and post back the results...
    >
    > Just to antecipate... I've already performed more than 10 new
    > ( clean )Windows installations... but the problem was still the
    > same !!! It seemsthe OS is not recognizing the motherboard ACPI
    > management feature (don't have a clue why... ) ... On all of
    > those installation processesI tried ( in each time ) BIOS
    > default parameters, POWER MENU SuspendMode [S1 (pos) only],
    > POWER MENU Suspend Mode [S3 only], POWER MENUACPI 2.0 Support
    > [Yes], POWER MENU ACPI 2.0 Support [No], etc.
    >
    > .. anyway...
    >
    > Juts to let you know... At this very moment, I have the
    > following"dumppo" power capabilities information:
    >
    > power capabilities
    > System power capabilties
    > Power Button Present....: TRUE
    > Sleep Button Present....: FALSE
    > Lid Present.............: FALSE
    > System states supported.: S5
    > Hiber file reserved.....: FALSE
    > Thermal control.........: FALSE
    > CPU Throttle control....: FALSE
    > Processor min throttle..: 100
    > Processor trottle scale.: 100 (1%)
    > Some disk will spindown.: TRUE
    > System batteries present: FALSE
    > System batteries scale..: (G:0 C:0) (G:0 C:0) (G:0 C:0)
    > Ac on line wake ability.: Unspecified
    > Lid wake ability........: Unspecified
    > RTC wake ability........: S4 - hibernate
    > Min device wake.........: Unspecified
    > Default low latency wake: Unspecified
    >

    > ..ok... Now I'll go through the suggested steps and hope to
    > achievethe "so wanted" result.
    >
    > Thanks again...
    >
    > Geferson-- Geferson Kowalsky

    Yes, your results seem to suggest ACPI is not there. Have
    you checked the Device Manager and looked at the properties
    of "Computer" ? Is it "Standard PC" or is the word "ACPI" in
    the title ?

    If the word ACPI is present in the Device Manager, I would
    try this next. What I'm trying to do here, is get the
    "System states supported" to change to S3,S4,S5.

    dumppo admin /ac minsleep=S3

    I just found this posting, and maybe the info here will help.
    More info on using dumppo.exe. It seems "dumppo admin" as
    a status check, is a useful option.

    http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?threadid=190313&perpage=15&pagenumber=3

    HTH,
    Paul