Increase Epson 2200 Saturation?

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers,comp.sys.mac.printers (More info?)

I love how easy my Epson 2200 is to use compared to my old 1200. But,
its output is much flatter.

Does anyone have any tips on how to increase output contrast and color
saturation in my new Epson 2200. Its colors are far less vibrant than
that the 1200. I know that it uses different types of inks. But, I
have seen lovely prints produced form 2200s by professional retouchers.
There has to be a way to get mine to do so, too.

thanks,

Gary

--
please emove underscores in domain to reply by email. m_i_n_d_s_p_r_i_n_
g -> mindspring

    In article <20040517212514724-0700@news.concentric.net>,
    gbeb@m_i_n_d_s_p_r_i_n_g.com (Gary) wrote:

    > Does anyone have any tips on how to increase output contrast and color
    > saturation in my new Epson 2200.

    I have the UK 2100, so the drivers might be different, but here,
    selecting Main|Advanced|Paper Config brings up a dialogue with a 'Color
    Density' slider, which should do what you want.

    Alternatively, in the Advanced dialogue, selecting 'Color Controls'
    reveals a selection of adjustments which will allow the kind of tweaks you
    want to do. However, using these controls means that you can't use colour
    profiles, so may lead to more problems that they solve.

    Jon.

Printers Epson Peripherals