CD Burning Disabled when GPO restricts access to C:

How can I allow CD Burning when I restrict access to C: via GPO? Based on
Q308572, I attempted to move the temp file location for CD recording. I
created a 1GB partition (E:), changed the location to it, but users still
weren't able to send to/copy to the CDRW. These computers are lab computer
which need to be locked down to prevent students from filling up the C:, but
I need them to be able to burn CD's. Help please.

Thanks,
David

I do not use GPO, but I have a couple of thoughts and a suggestion.
First off, can you give the students read access to the C:\ drive and
Full Control of the Burner and see if that works? Second, what program
are you using to burn over the network? Finally, I would suggest
looking at Nero .NET which is an awesome burning program designed for
networks. There may also be some information on how to set everything up
provided with the program/manual or maybe even online. Check
http://www.nero.com/us/631934399251526.html ;)

----
Nathan McNulty