How do you change IRQ's in in XP

Carl

Hi I recently purchased a recording sound card that
requires me to put it on an non-vitural IRQ.
Unfortuantly I can't seem to find a way to make XP do
that and aned bios pae also has no features to change
IRQ's. How do you do you do it? Thanks!

Hello

Well one must ask does that card support XP and have you
tried talking to the maker of that particular card. Maybe try
they T.Support peolpe

al

carl wrote:
> Hi I recently purchased a recording sound card that
> requires me to put it on an non-vitural IRQ.
> Unfortuantly I can't seem to find a way to make XP do
> that and aned bios pae also has no features to change
> IRQ's. How do you do you do it? Thanks!

Interesting...a bios that has no legacy support? Who made
the bios and what is its revision number? Alternately, who
made the motherboard and its model?

XP does not have a way of changing IRQs.

However, many modern motherboards do permit limited IRQ selection at the
BIOS level. (My Asus P4S8X does.)

If your motherboard BIOS does not permit assigning IRQs, then your only hope
is to remove the PCI cards and install them in a different order, hoping
that the sound card will get its own IRQ, or at least sahre one with
something compatible.