P4P800 Primary IDE Channel device 1 transfer mode problem

I have a P4P800 that is dual boot. My device 0 is the C: drive and is my XP
gaming boot. My device 1 is the D: drive and is my Standard XP install.
Both are brand new installs. The standard boot is showing the primary IDE
D: drive tranfer mode as PIO and the C: drive as Ultra DMA Mode 5. When I
boot off the C: drive it shows both drives at Ultra DMA Mode 5. The device
mode is set to "DMA if available". Both drive are set to cable select on
the jumpers. How do I get the D: drive out of PIO mode in the standard
boot?

Thanks in advance,

Jay

I seached the internet an found my solution....If the IDE controller has
problems communicating with the hard drive then it will drop down to PIO
mode and stay there forever. I had to uninstall the IDE controller and
reboot. When my PC rebooted it installed the IDE controller and returned to
UDMA 5 mode. Thanks for the advise.

Jay

"J Reinhart" <reinhartj@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I have a P4P800 that is dual boot. My device 0 is the C: drive and is my XP
>gaming boot. My device 1 is the D: drive and is my Standard XP install.
>Both are brand new installs. The standard boot is showing the primary IDE
>D: drive tranfer mode as PIO and the C: drive as Ultra DMA Mode 5. When I
>boot off the C: drive it shows both drives at Ultra DMA Mode 5. The device
>mode is set to "DMA if available". Both drive are set to cable select on
>the jumpers. How do I get the D: drive out of PIO mode in the standard
>boot?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Jay

Paul

Splendid

Try putting them on Master and Slave instead.

The IDE cable you've used. Is it blue at the mobo end?

So, both hdd's are on the primary IDE?

Updating the BIOS to 1019 or 1020.002 beta might
help too.