Black line in center of monitor

I have an Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe using a Nvidia video card. The system went
together without any problems at all. Shortly after, I got a small vertical
line in the center of my LCD monitor. I tried everything I knew to get it to
go away without success. I finally emailed Asus and they sent me a link to a
file that corrected the problem. I had to reformat and reinstall and the
black line is present again. Has anyone else has this problem? I have
emailed Asus again but it takes them about a week to respond. Thanks

Hans Wankle wrote:
> I have an Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe using a Nvidia video card. The system
> went together without any problems at all. Shortly after, I got a
> small vertical line in the center of my LCD monitor. I tried
> everything I knew to get it to go away without success. I finally
> emailed Asus and they sent me a link to a file that corrected the
> problem. I had to reformat and reinstall and the black line is
> present again. Has anyone else has this problem? I have emailed Asus
> again but it takes them about a week to respond. Thanks

Is this line *ALWAYS* present?

Being an LCD monitor, it's possible that the line has gone out.

Ben

The line appears only sometimes when the machine is booted. When it appears
the only way to get it to go away is to reboot. Sometimes I have to rebot
several times to get it to go away. Asus has acknowledged this is a known
problem with this board. As I mentioned earlier, Asus sent me a link to a
file to resolve the problem, which it did. I use this system exclusively for
testing so it I have to reformat quite often. I should have written down the
file name or link but failed to do so. The LCD is a Dell 1704FP that I just
bought about two months ago. I think Asus will respond with the answer as
before, but it takes them a week or longer. I just thought someone else may
have encountered this. Thanks for your response.